• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Arima is finally here!!

Mango

Reaction score
My lil princess finally arrived!! We named her Arima (pronounced Areema):happydance:

I went into labour Sunday morning at 2:30. My waters broke in my sleep. I phoned the hospital and was told to come in right away as I was not having contractions yet. They said that having my water break without contractions is a bit dangerous as it could cause the chord to slip.

So I went in and when they examined me they told me I was 3cm dilated. The chart showed that I was having contractions but I could not feel them.

So they admitted em and said that if I was not in active labour by the morning, they would induce me...my biggest fear..

Luckily my contractions started by 6am and were very mild, more like period pains. When they were 5min apart I put on the TENS machine which helped TONS!!! By 8:30 I was in active labour, my contractions were 1 min apart and lasting about 40seconds.

My OH massaged my back and hips really hard during the contractions which made a big difference. not sure if the massage eased the muscle or just took my mind off things.

I had done pretty well up until then, I was 7cm...but I couldn't take it anymore and didn't want to turn the TENS machine up any further so I asked for a mobile epi. However, if anyone is looking to go all natural, as I originally was, the TENS really helped and I would suggest it.

The mobile epi was great b/c it took the edge off but did not take away feeling in my legs and allowed me to still fee my contractions so that I could push. By 10:30 I was fully dilated and had her at 11:45.:cloud9: She was 6lbs 12.2 oz by the way.

My OH held her first and got to cut her chord. When I saw her for the first time I was beyond excited. I couldn't believe this was the person who had been kicking my inside to bits for the last few months. It was also lovely that we didn't know what we were having so my OH was extra excited.

I'm so fascinated by her and luv her soooo much!:happydance:

Big thanks to the ladies at BnB, I love this forum it really helped me to remain calm during my pregnancy and know what to expect...:hugs:

Attachments

• Day 1.jpg
    Day 1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Day 1 (1).jpg
    Day 1 (1).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 78
Congratulations,shes beautiful. Hope you are keeping ok:happydance:

Ooooh!! CONGRATULATIONS!! She is so beautiful!!! :hugs:

Congratulations, she's beautiful!

goregous baby :D look at that hair! And her lips are very plump and nice :). Congratulations on a little girl! Great job :D

Congratulations and well done! She is so beautiful and her name suits her :)

She is beautiful!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!:happydance:

Congrats Mango, you have a beautiful bundle of joy xx

She is really beautiful Mango. Congrats to you and the daddy.

Awwww Mango, you done good girl !! She's so beautiful !!

Congratulations, what a beautiful name!

You done really well too!

xxx

:hugs: Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!!

Congratulations!!!

She is beautiful!!

x

Aww! she's sooooo adorable:baby:. Congrats hon! :hugs: :happydance:

congratualtions, she is just beautiful. And what a great birth story, I agree with you about the TENS. I hopemy birth goes as smoothly

Mango. she is gorgeous!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->