Baby Aspirin Question

Aquarius24

Mummy of 2 beauties!
Reaction score
I have just found out Im pregnant again after 2 recent losses. First was a MMC at 10 weeks and 2nd a natural MC around 7 weeks.

Have spoke to a couple of ladies who asked me 'are you taking anything this time, ie baby aspirin'.

Nobody has mentioned anything to me about using this and I have done a little research about it. I am quite annoyed that no one sai anything to me at my last mc - in fact they didnt say much at all on the fact that I was on 2nd MC and no advice was given for further pregnancies!

I am going to make an appt to see my doc this week and discuss with him about using this....but my question is will they only prescribe it to ladies that have had previous tests done, as I know the low dose thins the bloody slightly for ladies that have a certain blood disorder...is this right? Any info on this would be great.

Also can it harm LO in any way?

I am so so nervous about miscarrying again and will try anything to stop it from happening...xx

xx

Hi Aquarius,

Usually one is advised to take baby aspirin if there is an auto immune disorder...relating to the blood, the baby aspirin thins the blood for someone whose blood clots easily and one can only be tested for the condition....I know that d docs will not want to treat u for anything bcos dey believe it's just nature until after 3 or 4 Mcs do they decide to carry out tests...

Your Doc may not want to prescribe baby aspirin bcos it thins d blood but the truth is a small dose as 75mg is not harmful...and it is not dangerous to the foetus. But please speak to ur GP first...he may recommend a small dose to be on d safe side. I have been recommended Baby Aspirn 150mg & Clexane inj 40mg cos they said i had a blood clotting condition, altho this treatmt has not worked so far 4 me, they intend to include steriod inj on my next pg...not to scare u my case is diff and it is a miracle waiting to happen.

Watever, just believe this will stick this time & try very hard not to be scared it will not do much good, try remain positive...all d best dearie:hugs:

thanks kempf for your kind and informative post! I am trying to remain positive but its very hard. I will talk to doc when I go about this and see what he says. Hope you get your sticky baby soon hun xxx

I am being prescribed baby aspirin and cyclogest (progesterone suppositories) since I fell pregnant with this one.

I have had 3 m/cs x

I had 2 very early miscarriages (5 weeks at the most for both) and was given a blood test. They found a high ANA level, which can mean lupus, other autoimmune disorder. However, they tested me again and my ANA was fine so they said I must have just had a virus or something. Just to be safe, I have been taking one baby aspirin a day since I started TTC and I have gotten further than ever before. However, we also used clomid and ovidrel shot this time as well!

Thanks ladies. I have a daughter who I conceived first time round with no probs. It's only since ttc for the second that I have had these mc. So I know I can carry a baby so that's in my favour. Will go see my doc Friday n see what he says about the aspirin. Thanks for yr replys xxx

I had a mc at 6 weeks. I started taking low dose asprin after (I read it can help with ovulation and blood flow to reproductive organs). I Fell pregnant a month after mc, and took the low dose asprin until I was about 8 weeks. However I didn't have any test done or talk to doctor about it. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->