Baby aspirin...

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
I was given baby aspirin today at 13 weeks, as Ive had a couple of chemical pregnancies.

I really don't want to take it, Im scared it will harm the baby even though she says it can help thin blood.

Ive had no tests to suggest I have a blood clotting problem and never had one, nor does it run in my family.

Should I take it? Am I just being silly? Anyone taking it now?

Im 13 weeks, so ive past the chemical stage, so is it still necessary?

I saw my doctor yesterday and I'm on baby aspirin too,aparantly it won't hurt and could help as I've had 2 back to back chemicals in the last 2 months. It is safe to take all through pregnancy. I don't have any blood clotting,lupus or anything so I'm praying this is my sticky bean. The doctor said it could prevent miscarriage and most consultants recommend it. I hope that has eased your mind a bit. Bet you are so excited! Congrats xxx

Hi, it took me 6 years to fall for my son. After 2 rounds of ivf & a natural mc I went back to the doctors & they did some more blood test. They said they were ok but borderline & suggested that if I thought I might be pregnant again to start taking baby asprin. 3 months later I fell & started taking asprin & bam 9months later my little boy was born. After he was born we thought that we would like another but would just see what happens. After 1 1/2 years nothing had happened so we were just about to give up & I was gonna get the coil fitted then I fell again. I didn't bother taking the asprin as i was no longer under the doctor & I had another mc at about 5 to 6 weeks. Luckily I feel again just a few months later & as soon as I had a feeling something was going on I started taking the asprin again. I'm now 11 weeks & everything seems to be going fine. I was told before go stop taking it at 28 weeks so guess I will do this again. I did tell midwife what I was doing & she seemed find with it. Xxx

Baby aspirin is pretty regularly prescribed in pregnancy and when TTC, won't do you any harm xx

I've been prescribed baby aspirin, it doesn't affect the baby just reduces the chances of things going wrong. You would be surprised at how many people take it!!

Thanks for all your positive comments! aslong as they don't do any harm if they're not necessarily needed then Ill take it :)

Thanks Ladies xx

I have to have 150mg of aspirin a day when pregnant. I have confirmed clotting disorders, fourteen miscarriages and two stillbirths though. The aspirin can help to prevent the placenta from having clots which in turn can save a baby.

Maybe talk to your healthcare provider about your concerns.

I've been taking baby aspirin because of my 2 previous miscarriages. There's so many positive stories I have read about baby aspirin and I read a story about a lady who had a few miscarriages she was told to take baby aspirin and she had a healthy baby boy and the doctors said if it wasn't for baby aspirin they don't think her son would be here today. Sorry completely different as you've had chemicals sorry but I have read such positive things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->