Baby Asprin!

S

sugarlove

Are people who are taking this been advised to by their Doctor, or are they just taking it anyway?

There seems to be loads of people taking it, but is it safe to do so?

What does it do?

Thanks
SL

Hey, I'm not taking it but have considered it so had a chat with my doctor yesterday she said all that she could say without doing any reserach in to it further is that as long as its a small dose it wouldn't do any harm but that it may not help either. She said if I wanted more advice regarding it then to give the midwife a ring. She did say that it shouldn't be taken in the last trimester of a pregnancy and that it's normally given to women who are having IVF or have had recurrent miscarriages.

Are you taking it?

i am taking it without drs agreement, I am seeing my dr on 28th and will ask him then

I have read everything I can about it, and even the sites that say don't take it, say that it doesnt do any harm as long as you stay on the 75mg low dose.

I would be a bit concerned about taking EPA and DHA at the same time though, as they do the same thing and thin the blood.

there is possible evidence that it helps improve bloodflow to the placenta and to the ovaries (so might help conception), there is more concrete evidence it can help reduce inflammation, natural killer cells and help with clotting disorders that all can cause miscarriage but you would usually have to be diagnosed with those issues before prescription

They are testing it extensively at the mo, and the biggest study, a 5 year one, ends in 2012 so they wont know until the results of that study are analysed

there are some drs who prescribe it to women who have recurrent, unexplained miscarriage too as theres a possibility that it might help reduce unexplained miscarriage, but they dont yet know

theres certain problems with taking low dose aspirin that mean you should talk to your dr about it first, stomach ulcers being one.*

I am taking it on Dr's orders as a blood thinner. The Dr told me to take the 81mg, no more than one per day.

My doctor said it couldn't hurt to try as I've had 2 mc's and they don't know why. My first mc, I had a blood clot in my uterus along with the baby. I was tested for clotting disorders and the results were negative. I take it from ovulation to AF or into the first trimester. I don't take it full cycle because I take fish oil from AF to Ov and don't want to thin my blood too much.

I have had 2 MCs and I have considered taking it but i wouldnt without discussing it with someone who knows about conception and miscarrages. I am ttc now and if i have another mc i am off to the doctors for lots of testing.

I'm taking it on doctors recommendation for a clotting disorder they found during my recurrent miscarriage testing.

From what I know, it doesn't harm, but you should talk to your doctor about it.

I've had 3 mmc and took it with the last pregnancy but still had a mc - as has been mentioned stomach ulcers are a risk with it. I probably wouldn't have taken it after my first mc, and in my experience its generally only prescribed to women with a history of mc. I suppose its an individual decision :hugs:

My Dr. prescribed it to hopefully help with my implantation issues.

Bee, how do you know you have implantation issues, please? do you get tested somehow?

Thanks

I'm considering taking it aswell, just so I know... Is it just regular asprin, or is there some kind of 'baby' asprin??

Thanks

Low dose. Either 75 or 81mg. They are not allowed to call it baby or kids aspirin anymore, but it used to be.

I'm also on baby aspirin per my doctor. I've had two m/c's and they completed the genetic testing. My only abnormality was in one of the clotting tests. They told me one aspirin per day.

Everyone is different so you should talk to your doctor before starting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->