baby asprin

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to mention that I saw my FS yesterday, and she said that there's new research indicating that taking asprin while TTC is bad (should have asked why!!). She said that I should start taking it after I get a positive HPT. I didn't question because she's suppose to be one of the best doctors in the city.

This may be true in alot of cases but with the MTHFR gene I need to be on it any how
As it does cause blood clots

Umm ive heard its meant to be good when ttc helps the egg implant, maybe im wrong???

One study I read found no statistical advantage to aspirin alone but a big advantage to aspirin with Heparin another anti clotting medication- you have to get a prescription. Another study found a 70% successful pregnancy rate for aspirin supplements vs a 90% successful pregnancy rate with aspirin and heparin in subsequent pregnancies for women who'd had prior miscarriages. That 20% jump is significant, I think. Worth asking about.
Excessive clotting, which can block the placenta and cause miscarriage, is associated with high concentrations of homocystine in the blood, which your doctor can test for. Also, if your homocystine levels are high which a side effect of having the genetic mutation MTHFR, you need to be taking a supplement called l-methylfolate, not folic acid, as the disorder renders you unable to convert folic acid, causing a rise in homocystine and thus the clotting. Taking the l-methylfolate supplement bypasses the disorder because the folic acid is already converted to it's usable form for you. There is a prescription prenatal with l-methylfolate for women with high risk pregnancies related to MTHFR. It's called Neevo. You can also just buy the supplement alone online for about $20. Please look into it if you have a genetic clotting disorder. I think not knowing it caused my last miscarriage of a healthy baby and now I'm desperate to spread the word. The research is new and news is not getting out like it needs to. OB/GYN's are still eagerly prescribing increased folic acid, which may make matters worse for women with MTHFR.

:hi: everone,

i started taking baby aspirin as soon as I stopped spotting from my m/c on 11/19 because I've read that it can help the baby stick for women who've had 3 m/c or more, I've had 3. I don't think I have a clotting issue. I think my issue is my uterine lining and that it may not be thick enough for my baby to stick because Im not producing too much Progesterone hormone after O (due to a short LP - taking Vit B complex to lenghten it). I read that baby aspirin for fertility can increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries allowing for a thicker and healthier uterine lining. I didn't know however that you can take it past your 2nd Tri.

good luck ladies!!

baby :dust: to all!

I hadn't heard aspirin was good for preimplantation lining. Are you able to use progesterone cream after ovulation to thicken your lining and get your levels up?

Umm i still think im going to edge more towards taking baby asprin as my doc wont do any tests so i think im going to give it a go!

I was wondering because ive had 2 healthy pregnancys which resulted in my 2 daughters and ov i had no problems with them, can clotting just come on later in life? or would you think i havent got a clotting problem as ive had 2 children already. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

I have had 3 mc. Had all the tests which came back negative. Pre pregnancy clinic said best to go on baby asprin when I get BFP. It won't do any harm. I have been taking it since I got BFP. So far so good. Again I was told to stop at 34 weeks to help clotting when you deliver. X

Umm ive heard its meant to be good when ttc helps the egg implant, maybe im wrong???

I've heard that too, but I'm going to to trust what my doctor says. I've got a clotting disorder (Prothrombin gene), so I definately need to be on it when I conceive - I'll ask next time I see her why she advised against it for TTC.

Whatever the reason, it must be based on some very recent research.

Umm i still think im going to edge more towards taking baby asprin as my doc wont do any tests so i think im going to give it a go!

I was wondering because ive had 2 healthy pregnancys which resulted in my 2 daughters and ov i had no problems with them, can clotting just come on later in life? or would you think i havent got a clotting problem as ive had 2 children already. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Yes the gene can sometimes wait to mutate.
In my case I had three healthy full term (one past due) babies.
and now I cant get a pregnancy to stay put.
But with the MTHFR gene they arent sure if its the clotting or the fact that I am unable to absorb folic acid and conceiving babies with nerual tube defects that dont form properly.

Hi,

I had 3 miscarriages and was then referred to a fertility consultant. I had the blood tests but they came back fine. The consultant told me to take aspirin anyway - i then had a healthy baby girl. I was originally told to take the aspirin up to about 32/34 weeks. However i developed high blood pressure so the consultant told me to keep taking it.

At 37 weeks i was diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis (completely unrelated to the aspirin) and had to have a c section at 37w 4d. I stopped the aspirin at 37 weeks.

Good luck

Hi I have also had the test as I have had four MC and my results came back fine but the doctor told me to try the aspirin anyway, I am going to start taking it now and hopefully next time I get Pregnant it will work, if it doesn't they are going to refer me to another hospital that researches into recurrent mc
Xx

Good Luck Everybody

:dust:

Yes the gene can sometimes wait to mutate.
In my case I had three healthy full term (one past due) babies.
and now I cant get a pregnancy to stay put.
But with the MTHFR gene they arent sure if its the clotting or the fact that I am unable to absorb folic acid and conceiving babies with nerual tube defects that dont form properly.

Thanks hun, i think ive got to take the baby asprin then really havent i? i mean it seems to make sense to try it wouldnt you think? if it cant hurt, then why not.
Ive lost both my mc babies at the exact same dates 8+6weeks so i was thinking maybe it was something to do with a clotting factor, as with the second one we even saw a heartbeat but baby was measuring too small @6weeks ish :(
And also a few weeks before my mc i had this massive bruise like thing on my thigh, it looked like tiny little blood spots under my skin, the docs didnt know what it was but they ran a blood test & can back all normal, but im thinking maybe its soemthing to do with clotting. :shrug:

thats what happened with two of my mcs
I went for an US and the babies didnt progress past 6 weeks.
The third one was a chem preg
it dosnt hurt to take the aspirin
I will do it any how
I hope to have a full term healthy baby soon
and hope the same for you!

Thanks hun, fingers crossed for us all ay!
Well im in the 2ww now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->