Baby blanket temperature guide???

secretbaby

Reaction score
When I had my eldest son I had a chart thing that showed how many blankets you should put on baby depending on the temperature of the room.

does anyone know where you can get one of these from?

Thanks x

I got a free guide when I signed up to the "HiPP Organic" website, it details the blanket guide as follows:

Babies vary but, for a baby wearing a nappy, vest and sleepsuit, typical bedding in the following room temperatures might be:

16c - 1 sheet plus 3 layers of blanket (a blanket that's folded double counts as 2 layers)
18c - (ideal room temperature) - 1 sheet plus 2 layers of blanket
21c - 1 sheet plus 1 layer of blanket
24c - 1 sheet only

I hope this helps!!! xx

I bought a groegg thermometer yesterday which tells you the temperature and changes colour to alert you if room is too hot or cold. There is an instruction guide with it for both babies who will use sleeping bags and babies who will use blankets and how many to put on dependent on room temp.

This morning I have been chasing up my plumber who is due to install a new boiler! My little groegg is blue and it's bloody freezing in here!! :nope:

if you type blanket thermometer into google images you will find some you can print off.

I got a free guide when I signed up to the "HiPP Organic" website, it details the blanket guide as follows:

Babies vary but, for a baby wearing a nappy, vest and sleepsuit, typical bedding in the following room temperatures might be:

16c - 1 sheet plus 3 layers of blanket (a blanket that's folded double counts as 2 layers)
18c - (ideal room temperature) - 1 sheet plus 2 layers of blanket
21c - 1 sheet plus 1 layer of blanket
24c - 1 sheet only

I hope this helps!!! xx

Yeah I had this exact same guide on the back of a wrapper some sheets came in from mamas and papas so ripped the guide off and kept it. Kept an eye on the temperature of our room last night as we can't afford to keep it going all night and it went from 19 before we went to sleep, woke up and it was 12 degrees! So looks like i'll be in for a busy night of on-off blanket action when she's here lol.
On my guide it says the 16 degree blanket rule applies down to 10 degrees... anything below that probably would warrant putting some sorta heating on a timer (as we plan to do) xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/477696-blanket-guide.html

not sure how to post a link so hopefully this works. Here is a chart I posted a few months ago x

Cool, thanks that looks really useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->