Baby blues?

A

Always&4ever

Has anyone suffered with this, I had my daughter 19days ago and for the last couple of days I have been feeling really teary, Jasmine has been unwell and crying constantly and I have had barely any sleep, I'm so tired all the time, and even though my husband does what he can I feel alone with my little girl... I still suffer with SPD and have been told that my pelvis is splitting and need to keep going to physio which I don't want, last night got so bad that I ended up locking myself in the bathroom and just sat there crying. I love my baby to bits but I feel like I can't comfort her when she cries, she is fine when she is being held but if we put her down she screams, she doesn't get spoilt but has a cold currently and unless I stay awake all day and night holding her then she will keep crying, il put her in her moses basket and she is ok for a while but 10 - 20 mins later, she starts crying again, my husband is amazing and does what he can but he works long hours and is tired by 10pm. Just need some advice on what to do!

((hugs)) How about getting a sling and wearing her?

Hey Jazzy
sorry you are feeling blue at the moment :hugs:

My sister in law had problems with her little girl and the only time she would sleep was when she was being held and rarely slept in her moses basket which I know drove them mad so I am sure she can sympathise with you. I think Marley's suggestion is a great idea x

Have you got any family or friends that can pop round during the day and give her a cuddle whilst you try and catch up on some sleep for an hour or so I am sure it will all help xx I know I did this with my friend when she had her little boy and I popped in during my lunch hour and she just rested whilst I got cuddles is a great help xx

aww dont no what to suggest really, but here is a :hugs: xx

Have you tried swaddling? It makes them feel secure and mimicks being held or in you, think i have that right, my little lady is starting to do the same. Or maybe if once youve put her down put your hand in the moses basket or something that smells of you.

Hope it gets better and :hugs: :hugs: you look like you need these
xx

Instead of putting her in the moses basket when she falls asleep, try taking her up to bed and lying down with her, even if she only sleeps for 20 mins thats 20 mins sleep that you could be getting as well. Often they sleep longer when you are lying beside them.

hey jazzy hun sorry to hear your feeling a bit blue, Rhiannon likes to have a blanket or towel rolled up and put tight up against her back (we put her to sleep on her side she loves it) this makes her feel like her back is against someone maybe you could try that on jasmine? or hug one of her bears/soft toys so it smells like you and put that in with her? have you also tried letting her fall asleep in just a nappy and vest? Rhiannon sometimes doesnt like her feet being so enclosed and warm ( me nor symon do either) we pop her changing mat on the kitchen table undress her and wrap her in a warm blanket and 9 times out od 10 she will fall asleep.. its hard hun but its all trial and error, and ive done the bathroom locking thing too. sending big hugs to you all :hugs:

I had the blues - I wouldn't say PND but defo bluey ;) Still am a lil & feeling I couldn't comfort my lil girl when she was crying, sick alot and so on contributed to that very much all I can say on that score is it gets easier & you get more confident.

Look for a prince lionheart slumber bear - it makes the nosie of the womb and although got it a bit later for Caitlin I believe it worked/helped comfort her :)

:hugs:

Can your mom or mil come and give you a hand a well. Some of the reading I had done says having a good support system around you helps with you start feeling blue. If you are feeling alone, give one of them a call, or call your girlfriends and let them know you need a hand. One of my yoga instructors did this, and found her friends got more out of helping then she did.

Thanks for all the replies, Jasmine is getting better, she only woke up once last night so I managed to get some sleep, swaddling didn't work with her as she hates her arms being wrapped up. I guess it will just take time to sort things out, Rich is doing more now which helps aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->