Baby bottle advice

RexyI

Reaction score
Hello!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm planning on breastfeeding my little one when they arrive but wanted to get some bottles too.

I've been looking at Avent, Tommee Tippee and MAM self steralising bottles.

Does anyone have any advice or reviews on these as I'm so confused!

Thanks! :)

I used Avent natural (not classic) alongside BF and had no problems, didn't like TT purely as my LO didn't get on with the shape of the teat and I found the newborn flow on TT was much faster than the Avent and she kept choking. My SIL has the MAM ones and loves them, purely for the ease of sterilising them!

Sorry if that doesn't help much xx

I've used avent and Tommee Tippee and I prefer Tommee Tippee. Avent leaked all the time and I heard lots of people say the same xx

I'm getting one or two of everything and seeing what works for my baby. I'm breastfeeding but have to go back to work full time after 10 weeks.

We went for Avent. Check out mumsnet.com, tonnes of reviews for everything by mums, really helped me with a lot of decisions.

We will be using tommee tippie but I got a free avent natural with my purchase at the maternity store today so we will have one of those to try as well :)

After reading a ton of reviews on all brands we are going with Avent.

I haven't used them yet as baby isnt out yet, lol, but i got the MAM bottles because i read several reviews that said they were the best for going back and forth from bottle to breastfeeding. I will have him most of the time and he will breastfeed, but his daddy wants to feed him too, so we got those bottles for when I can't whip out a booby or if daddy wants to feed him lol. We didn't want him to have nipple confusion. :)

I've got 2 tommee tippee and 1 avent.

That's enough for me for now to see how she gets on after BF is well established.

No personal advice as I'm a ftm but my friend is on her fourth and has both tomme tippee closer to nature and the avent ones. She prefers the avent as the teets of the TT ones often invert while baby is feeding (another friend has told me this as well) and she has had no problem combi feeding.

Hello, I used Avent classic with my daughter initially.

I liked them, they were fine. I did swap after a few months because she appeared to have really bad colic.

At the height of sleep deprivation I swapped -at great expense -to Dr Browns. I don't really know if they helped or whether it was just that it felt better because I did something about it, but at the time I was convinced it reduced colic.

However, I actually hated using the Dr Browns because they leaked everywhere and had hundreds of bits.

I reverted to Avent a few months after when she had settled down as they were easier to use and wash. The teats were very similar so baby didn't bother much about the difference and I think they were similar price wise.

I've bought MAM ones for baby this time round as they are self sterilising and mainly because they were on offer and pretty. I'm not altogether convinced that there's a huge amount of difference between any of them though, think it may be a trick to get sleep deprived new parents to spend more money. It worked with me!

I think that does differ if you introduce the bottles much later as babies seem to get more picky about what the drink out of if they've been exclusively breast fed at first. Had a few friends who struggle to get their babies to take certain brands when they stopped breastfeeding.

Hope this helps!

I have NUK from previous baby and breastflow bottles this time. My LOs tend to have some degree of tongue or lip tie and struggle to latch onto the Avent bottles well. I find the NUK bottles/teats great for colic even though they have no extra parts inside the bottle it's the valve in the teat that helps. My second youngest had to be FF after a few months and NUK were a lifesaver with him as it made the transition much easier xx

No personal advice as I'm a ftm but my friend is on her fourth and has both tomme tippee closer to nature and the avent ones. She prefers the avent as the teets of the TT ones often invert while baby is feeding (another friend has told me this as well) and she has had no problem combi feeding.

Sounds like baby is sucking too hard and collapsing the teat maybe?? Has she tried the next size up teat?

Having said that I've just re read it and you said she's on her 4th........so she'd prob know if baby was responsible for collapsing the teat! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->