Baby Bottles

Cat

Reaction score
Just wanted to say for anyone who is going to be buying bottles for formula feeding, to try the Tommy Tippee ones. They are a great shape, and good for anyone who is giving expressed feeds as they are very breast shaped. But best of all, they dont leak around the neck when the rubber goes in the collar, something that always did my head in with my old avent and mothercase bottles.

Just thought I would recomend!

Ooh thanks Cat, I have these ready and waiting to start bubs off with.

Cx

i use these and agree, they are great and Frankie loves them. Also the neck is really wide for putting powder of pouring formula in.

I agree Cat - I used to use the Tommee Tippee Nuby ones, then changed to the Closer to Nature and we're still using them. They are so easy to clean as well as the necks are wider.

i use tommee tippee and i would reccomend tyhem to anyone!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290117656644&

Is that a good deal?

i would say so as my tommee tippee cost me £5.98 for 2 and i have 6 altogether 2 smaller ones and 4 9oz ones...

in mothercare they are 4 for £9.99

They aren't the ones! THe ones you want are the 'closer to nature' ones.

https://www.femail.com.au/img/tommeetip_closernature.jpg

these are the ones

I was just referring to the tommee tippee brand. Surely I don't need exactly the closer to nature bottles? Those ones are for newborns no?

closer to nature bottles are the better ones, better teats, even wider necks etc. Not just for newborns, they have different flow teats available.

They're not just for newborns - they do 3 flows of teats and Charlie is on the flow 3 (fastest)

I switched from the ones you have seen to the Closer to Nature because everywhere stopped stocking the older teats.

The bottles are pretty good, Robs sister used them for our neice but as Amanda says you'll be luck to find teats for them as therye an old product. Having said that though you could try a different brand teats in those bottles, they should still fit.

They're not just for newborns - they do 3 flows of teats and Charlie is on the flow 3 (fastest)

I switched from the ones you have seen to the Closer to Nature because everywhere stopped stocking the older teats.

Teats? For the ones I linked to? If so I'll forget that lol

Yeh - the woman in Boots said they were fazing them out.

I had to get faster flow ones as Charlie was switched to Comfort formula for his reflux and it is thicker. I ended up getting all new Closer to Nature bottles and they are great. Just a word of warning though - watch which sterlilser you buy as the Closer bottles are wider than normal ones and don't fit properly. I bought the Closer microwave steriliser as it had some bottles in the pack and it's great. You can fit 4 bottles and all the gubbins in and I just leave mine in the microwave so it's not cluttering up the kitchen worksurface!

I bought the closer steam steriliser. It's really streamline and fits on the work surface without taking up uch room at all. I got it with six bottle a cleaning brush and a first training cup for £29.99 from Asda during baby week. Keep your eyes open as that was a good deal.

Surely if I get a tommee tippee steriliser they will fit in lol

You'd think so wouldn't you? But I had the old style Tomme Tippee electric steriliser for the first lot of bottles, and the Closer ones wouldn't fit!

They are a funny shape, but really practical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->