Baby boy due with Gasrtoschisis.

EternalLove

Reaction score
Is there any other mom due with a baby who has gastroschisis/or who previously had one? I'm just wondering if your baby measured small and his/her hb went as low as 108 then jumps to the 150`s??

Seeing that word come up here really shook me. My best friend just lost her son due to having an "Omphaloceles"..not sure if you know the difference but basically your child just has the organs outside, her was in a sac. From all we learned this whole process, I know this is scary but we HOPED he had gastro vs "o" because we were always told gastro had less complications. So although it's scary, gastro babies under most circumstances do just fine!

Babies with these issues are born small...like 4-5 lbs max and are usually born early. 32 weeks ect....my best friends little boy had SO much wrong and had one of the largest lesions they've ever seen so his outcome was never guartenteed.

Which of the organs are out? How far along are you? Do they know the size of the hole yet?

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I know it's scary as a mom...have faith your baby will have a rocky start but these babies are strong!!!

I sat and went through the whole 9 months with my best friend so I probably know too much. If I can answer anything else, I'll sure try

I'm currently 27 weeks and a lot of intestines are out but no other major organs as of now. I'm already 1cm dialated but not effaced yet. They monitor his closely. Mr dr has delievered many babies with this birth defect and usualky induces at 37weeks. I'm hoping I make it that far. He's actually had a growth spurt and is measuring 3days behind :) I'm so nervous about his birth but drs said gastro babies have 90-95% survival rate. Just taking things day by day and hoping for the best.

"O"is similar but its a genetic defect vs gastro when the abdominal wall dosent close during the 12th week.
When babies w/gastro are born their hole is 1-2inches

Oh that sounds so good. I mean no one wants their baby to be born with any issues but sounds like yours is best case scenario. If it's just intestines there will also probably be no damage to any other organs. Like sometimes the pulling can affect the heart, lungs ect....your dr is absolutely right. Gastro babies have a very high success rate! Hence why we always hoped he'd have gatro vs "o"...but sadly it wasn't meant to be.

Yes induction is very common and just hang tight and put yourself on your own form of best rest if you can. Keep that baby in there! Don't worry about how many cm. Many many women can walk around up to 3cm dialated for a very long time!!!! Just lots of rest and as long as you baby has time to grow everything else sounds like you'll have a wonderfully healthy baby...and I see you said its a he? My girlfriend and I used to joke that boys dig scars so if he has a little one for life he's already set to be "cool". Good luck :)

I was born in 1989 with this. I was 5 weeks early and weighed 5lbs so yes I was small but I was also early.
I had the operation to put everything back into place. And have been fine my whole life with no problems. The docs told my mother to have a termination, but look where I am today :)
Good luck with everything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->