Baby boy has a name and no one likes it

Its a nice name not horrid at all. I find people feel as though they can have an opinion before baby is born but less iclined to do so once here. We just say we have no names in mind 😅

I really wish we'd done the same Midnight. No one liked Aurora's name to begin with either. We're not disclosing it any further until he's born.

Theres nothing wrong with that name and I think it suits your family perfectly! Ignore the others. I did, my mil deliberately pronounced DD's name incorrectly before she was born to try persuade us against us but once she was born everyone just accepted it!

I think that's a lovely name, and it goes so well with your daughters name!

This time round we haven't told family the babies name because they were so negative last time! Please don't worry about the silly things they are saying, as long as you and your husband love the name that's all that matters!!

My dad disclosed that he loves it. Thankfully my parents are very much divorced and my dad has more of an active role in my children's lives. It's like he said, you can't have Aurora and then choose something like Nick or Bob for her sibling. It's just odd. It's nice to have reassurance from all you lovely ladies. Xx

I was expecting something awful lol I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Stick with it they will get over it. Not your problem

I was expecting something awful lol I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Stick with it they will get over it. Not your problem

I think my maternal family love to find fault with everything I do. I could have called him James and I'd still have got a negative response. Definitely not my problem.

What a cool name, I was expecting something really weird but it's lovely.

My FIL had the same reaction to my sons name and has never called him Thomas, ever. He's always called him "boy" or "the little fella". Drives me nuts!

I didn't tell anyone what Emma's name was going to be until she was born. Not even my OH lol! I did tell him I was thinking of Emma but didn't solidify my choice till she arrived.

Such a cool name: it sounds both cute and strong. If you and your partner love the name stick with it.

I love it! How do you pronounce it? I only ask because I'm not sure how you pronounce 'tawr' in your description lol. I read it as Taw-ben.

Anyway it matches aurora beautifully and I like it a lot x

I love it! How do you pronounce it? I only ask because I'm not sure how you pronounce 'tawr' in your description lol. I read it as Taw-ben.

Anyway it matches aurora beautifully and I like it a lot

x

That's exactly how you pronounce it. :) Thank you. xx

I like it - someone in my high school had this name and he was a sweet guy! His friends called him "Torby". I wouldn't worry about what others say - it's your baby.

Thorben (different but pronounced pretty similarly) was on our baby name list so we're obviously biased but it's a lovely name!!

I honestly really like Torben!
And I'm going through something similar. This is SO's first baby and my 3rd. We have somewhat different preferences on names. I'm not exactly thrilled with his name choices but I feel guilty "taking this away" from him. I want him to enjoy the whole experience of his first baby and really bond with him/her.

It's a lovely name. It is unusual but doesn't sound weird at all. Plus it goes so well with aurora.

I learnt just to keep my names vague as you'll Never please everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->