Baby Boy Name Dilemma - What would you do?

I'd use it. It's her who is being selfish not you. If you give your son a name you find second best you will regret it. I have a cousin who said she'll name a future daughter Sophia and a friend who will name a future daughter Sienna. I don't mind and if I did I would never tell them as I don't think its my place to put restrictions on other people's baby names. Don't overthink it and go with your heart.

I never ever use NN... In fact I picked my names with no shortening in mind and lots of ppl do that.

Of you will call him Jake, than name him Jake...why would you pick something else?

And I'd you asked your friend and got her response, obviously knowing she either say yes or no, then it meant something to you in the first place.

So pick Jacob the name, or Zachary... And Zachary is not a long name? It's great!!

My opinion is that you should use the name, but maybe NN him Coby instead to avoid issues? I can see Coby as a nickname for Jacob and I think it's a cute alternative to the traditional Jake (not that I have a problem with Jake... like it actually). You can pretty much set the nn up from the start...

I'd use it. It's her who is being selfish not you. If you give your son a name you find second best you will regret it. I have a cousin who said she'll name a future daughter Sophia and a friend who will name a future daughter Sienna. I don't mind and if I did I would never tell them as I don't think its my place to put restrictions on other people's baby names. Don't overthink it and go with your heart.

why is she selfish?

her friend said it was ok to use the name, that's the very opposite of selfish

The no reply when told it would likely be shortened to Jake implies she wasn't ok with it.

Just to clear things up..

I WILL be calling MY baby Jacob.
Jake or maybe Coby or maybe even Jay for short, depends how things work out for myself and my partner. So this thread can be left as is now as I have made my decision and I am happy with it, as is my partner, and thats ALL that counts.

Thanks for everyones input.

Just to clear things up..

I WILL be calling MY baby Jacob.
Jake or maybe Coby or maybe even Jay for short, depends how things work out for myself and my partner. So this thread can be left as is now as I have made my decision and I am happy with it, as is my partner, and thats ALL that counts.

Thanks for everyones input.

Coby...I like that. I would not have thought of it as a nn for Jacob.

the only Jacobs Ive met where all called Jacob and the Jake's where actually called Jake - never met a Jake where it was a nickname because most people pick the name there actually going to use for the child

My Uncle is James. Nickname? Jake.

I say use it. I've never understood people claiming some kind of ownership over names.. who knows if this friend is even going to be in your life a year from now? Why should anyone make a decision they, and their child, will live with for the rest of their life based on the name of another, unrelated, child?

Go with Jacob :thumbup:

edit - sorry Zoey, the last part of this thread wasn't visible until I replied!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->