Baby Boy on 0.4th Centile for Height

blueblue

Finally a Rainbow
Reaction score
My 10 week old is on the 0.4th centile for height (one in 250 healthy children measure this height), my DD was beneath it at birth and is still tiny. I'm tiny but my OH is 6ft tall. Has anyone else had the same thing? I'm worried about him, he's going to be the youngest in his school year. I had IUGR with my daughter in pregnancy, this time around him measured normally. He was 6lbs 10oz at birth, following the 9th centile for weight.

My son was the 1st percentile in height at birth. At 3months he was 1st still. Now he's gonna be 1 on friday and he is now in the 75th percentile! (And we are not tall people... 5'1 and 5'7) my doctor was never worried she said you need small babies and some babies just have a giant growth spurt outside of the womb!

I don't remember centile lines but my daughter was born 7lb 1oz and stayed pretty small (she only outgrew tiny baby and went into newborn clothes at 3 months old and was still in 3-6 months at 8 months old) until around 1 and she just started growing. She isn't even 6 now and in 8-9 clothes and almost the same height as her 7 year old brother.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance and your stories, I'm hoping he'll have a growth spurt. He has a long body (outgrowing the babygros quickly) but shorter legs, I'm thinking he actually may have had IUGR too as they don't look at gender when they assess it on ultrasound and boys are generally bigger than girls.

It is notoriously hard to measure the length of a baby accurately. They don't even bother doing it where I live unless there is a known issue or a blatant problem that needs monitoring because it can lead to worry when nothing is wrong.

He is very wriggly to measure! I've spoken to doctor who has told us that they'd check again at twelve months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->