Baby buys - pram/baby sling *suggestions?*

T

Tilly

Needing suggestions about which pram and baby sling/carrier to get?

For the pram, we had a Pliko Pramette for Bethanie but we would like a bit of a change, although something similar but more compact would be nice!
Looking at the Quinny Buzz (think thats it's name) but I don't know if im so keen on it without the travel system attachment - always looks like kids are sitting on top of the pushchair rather than snug and *in* the pushchair - please give me opinions on this, am I wrong?, are they comfy for your lo's?

For a sling, i've seen a couple in Mothercare catalogue but want your opinions and suggestions please.

Thanks!:happydance:

I hav brought the mamas and papas pliko but also plan on getting the quinny so my little man can face me, i thought they looked uncomfy but now the more i try it out the more i love it lol. im want the babycruzer carrier from mamas and papas i want the brown one it looks so comfy =] xxx

Thanks

Just to let you know, I like it like this:
https://www.mypushchair.co.uk/quinny-buzz-pushchair.jpg
But don't know about this:
https://www.toffeeappleworld.co.uk/images/buzz4midnight.JPG

have a look on ebay at the older seat unit i think 2007 or before, the seats are different and usually in reflection... occasionally people have them on there brand new if your not happy with second hand =] xxx

i have the buzz with a memory foam seat and Bella loves it. Its so comfy, i think she sits quite well and supported in it. It stops them looking so lost when they are small. I love my buzz and would recommend over a pliko. We had one of those first and it was great until she wanted to sit up as i wanted her to face me. You get a 2nd stage seat with the 2008 model for the buzz and this is like the older versions of the seat.

Thanks for that

Anyone else can give me some input??
Do you have the 3/4 wheeler one? im not so keen on 3 wheels

How about the Icandy Apple or Cherry? I have the Cherry and i LOVE it... it's my 3rd main pram and i finally found the one i love. The Cherry is lightweight, both forward and rear facing. And has the adaptors for the maxi cosi car seat. It also has a carry cot attachment.

xxx

I looked at the quinny and the I candy and in the end decided on the Britax Vigour 4+ I love it and found it so much easier to use that all the others and I think its a great price! x

i dont have a buggy, but i do have a few slings, my fave is the freedom ring sling its great has lots of positions and is easy to use. google them :-D i got mine cheap off ebay

xx

Thanks all

Really like the look of the icandy ones, the seats look comfy.

The Icandy apple is quite big. The cherry is perfect for what i wanted it for. Certainly visit a stockist and try them out. I wish i'd have looked at them sooner.

Plus, the cherry only costs about £300 for the pram, carrycot and footmuff

xxx

It's confusing, they have loads of different types! ahh

I will def try some of these prams out, do you know if their seat is any deeper than on the quinny buzz? as it looks it.

Sling-wise we got a M&P Babycruzer deluxe as a present but didn't get much use out of it, not as much as we'd have liked... big baby being the main problem but it was also quite tricky to get him loaded in to. It was very comfy though (has a back support) and baby can face in and out.

Pram-wise we have the M&P Pliko switch, which came out in March 08 and is just same as the pramette but can face both ways. Also what my hubby did was take the rigid side supports out of the pram liner so that we can sit baby up but he still has the pram liner round him for support and warmth and doesn't look so lost in it.

It's confusing, they have loads of different types! ahh

I will def try some of these prams out, do you know if their seat is any deeper than on the quinny buzz? as it looks it.

Caitlyn is super snug in her icandy cherry.

Here's a pic for you..

This was when i very first got it, without the footmuff. I haven't took a pic with the footmuff yet!
https://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/37/l_60d23285ba6f4f199ecb12ed3c27aaa0.jpg

I was the same as you i liked the Quinny Buzz but wasnt sure about the pushchair so i ended up with the Quinny Speedi system, i picked it up yesterday and i love it. Only drawback is that its not as compact when folded but i found very few that did fold as small.

I was desperate for a Buzz only a few months ago... I went and had a test try at Mother Care and had the bigger seat unit on as she was 11 months at the time and Olivia is really quite petite but looked squashed in it. There didnt seem to be much room for her to grow.

I bought the Icandy cherry & I love it. Its so much better than the Silvercross 3d Jetsport thing I had. I wish i'd gone for this one straight away.

also you can get the carry cot etc for when their new borns. ill be holding onto my cherry for my next one..

AND... CONGRATULATIONS HUN XX

i have the icandy cherry too and i love it i had the carrycot too. its brilliant x

I've done quite a bit of reading about slings etc and I'm thinking that a Moby Wrap will be the one I'll use most. There are loads of different carrying positions you can use with it and because it's stretchy you can pop your baby in and out of it. On the down side though I think they take a bit of getting used to and you have to learn how to tie them. We've got a ring sling for initial use as they seem to be easier to get the hang of.

Here's a link to the Moby website anyway if you're interested -

https://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions.aspx

I have the icandy apple & though I hate to say this & I have spent the last 6 months telling my OH what a great buy it was but NO I would def not buy it again.

The Icandy apple is quite big. The cherry is perfect for what i wanted it for. Certainly visit a stockist and try them out. I wish i'd have looked at them sooner.

Plus, the cherry only costs about £300 for the pram, carrycot and footmuff

xxx
Sorry forgot to ask before
Where did you get yours Amy?
Can the cherry be folded with the seat attached as the apple can be?
Is the Apple more expensive?

Sorry for 20 questions!! I can't seem to find many prices with good descriptions online! Im looking on the iCandy UK website for stockists at the min.

Your little one looks comfy in there!

@elles - Why wouldn't you buy it again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back