Baby Carrier Advice

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Noodlejuice, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Noodlejuice

Noodlejuice Mum to 3, expecting #4!

Crikey, I'm a bit 'thread-starting-happy' this morning :rofl:

Jazzy P wants to be carried all the live long day, so I'm looking at a carrier for him...but I need your help!

I had a carrier with Heather 4 years ago, where the baby's legs hang down through holes...but I couldnt get her into it when I was wearing it, and when she was already in it I couldnt strap it to me! So...onto ebay with it.

With Charlie I had a babasling, but couldnt get either him or me comfortable; he was too scrunched up and I couldn't adjust it easily enough...and getting him in and out of it was a farce. Off to eBay it goes!

Can anyone recommend a carrier that holds a newborn upright, that's very easy to use (as I'm clearly a cretin when it comes to carriers...I can't work anything that requires intelligence or the vaguest amount of dexterity :dohh:)?

Thanks ladies (and the odd gent)!

2. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

i love my moby wrap its really comfy for both mum and baby and it can be worn in so many different holds. you can pick them up quite cheap off ebay i think i got mine from amazon, they come in all different colours and patterns and you can get stretchy or woven fabric (google moby wrap)
    theres quite a few though so its good your doing some research :thumbup:

<3

3. Gingerspice

Gingerspice Well-Known Member

If you're not keen on the tying system then you could get the Closer sling. This is effectively the Moby but ready tied

4. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

I recommend a moby - brilliant and the only place (other than my arms) my currently very unhappy refluxy allergy plagued bubba will settle.

5. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

6. Noodlejuice

I know I get in a tizz with tying systems but had a look at all of them. I've seen the moby before but never heard of this one; it looks great, so simple (even for a carrier-dunce like me)! I won one off eBay for £22 - bargain! Fingers crosse I can get on with this one :thumbup:

Thanks for your help everyone xx

7. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

If you are interested, thebabywearer.com also has extensive information about local babywearing classes if you need a bit of inperson assistance! Took me 6 months to figure out back carry, lol.

8. Noodlejuice

Brilliant, thank you - off for a look now :flower:

9. babybeebee

babybeebee New Member

Hiya I have a close parent sling it's fab and so comfortable too :) x

10. muddles

muddles Mummy of 2.

Close Baby Carrier has been brilliant. My only regret is that i didn't use it more when Oliver was teeny! Certainly got my moneys worth out of it, and still use it from time to time now even though he weighs 21lbs! It is pretied so really easy to use.