Baby clothes - when did you start

05mummy07

Reaction score
Buying baby clothes???

My OH's mum turned up on the doorstep yesterday with a big basket full of brand new clothes! I'm chuffed, but now it's sent me into overdrive on wanting to go out and buy some lol.

I know it's way to early, but some of the baby clothes are just way too cute to leave on the hangers! :haha: Someone stop me!!

I havent bought anything yet, my mum bought me a tiny soft toy which is cute but I am not going to but anything until after the scan, I dont even want to look at prams/cots/anything until I feel "safe" that it's going to happen this time :)

We buy the white snap front shirts and onesies when they are on sale now. Since I do not know what the sex is, I cant buy much more :(

i bought a lil set the bib says made with love and the vest says tiny but perfect theyr lush im not buying much till after my next scan 14th march cause im such a worrier

i am not really buying clothes yet but i have bought and put away the crib and pram as i couldnt resist in the sales!!! what a bargain crib for £140 (mamas and papas) and the pram was £159 reduced form £400. i have put both away at my parents but i would say its better to be safe than sorry but can shopping really make something go wrong???? i would say be sensible and dont miss a bargain for the sake of a few weeks xx

We have been buying things because of the sale!! We will be buying all of the nursery goods over the weekend also!!! It is a bit early, but bearing in mind that this is the 3rd baby, it makes sense to do so whilst i still have the energy and am mobile.

With both pregnancies - i wanted till my 12 week scan before i brought anything x

I havent brought anything yet - i have my first scan in a couple of hours and if all is o.k may start buying a few bits now x

My mum bought me a couple things last week. I am going to buy a little outfit after gender scan this week and then start serious shopping after 20 week scan. I dont think buying things early will jinx anything just would not want to be surrounded by baby things if anything went wrong.

Thanks for all the replies!
Yeah we're thinking of taking advantage of the sales for the pushchair, but nothing else.
My OH just brought home two newborn vests with the hungry caterpillar on and some booties that apparently he ''couldn't resist'' lol. I doubt I'll buy anything until after 12 week scan though other than as I say pushchair.

i bought a lil set the bib says made with love and the vest says tiny but perfect theyr lush im not buying much till after my next scan 14th march cause im such a worrier

I have these too :D from asda?

It was the first thing i bought 3 days after i found out i was pregnant and ive been a nightmare since, i cant stop myself and my mum is just as bad.

My theory is, if i start early buying little and often then it will lessen the blow of buying everything in bulk when i get to 4/5 months :D

Thats my story and im sticking to it :D hahaha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back