baby coughs...UPDATE on Jayden page 4.

Here we are told to give cooled boiled water from birth if needed :shrug: I guess our water must be different :haha:

Im really glad it isnt whooping cough. Kent had that for ages and it wasnt nice at all. Wouldnt wish that on anyone.

No it is just a common cold but it is horrible. I feel so bad for her. She is coughing like crazy, her nose is all stuffy and whenever she tries to eat she gets so angry because she can't breathe through nose easily. My poor girl I hope its gone soon.

Kent has had that so many times. Make sure you keep getting all the gunk out her nose with one of them bulb suction thingys. They work wonders but are horrible. When ever i had to use it on kent he never liked it. Would always make him cough a little and sometimes gag. But better to get all the mucas out.. He felt much better afterwards.

Oh yeah I use it alot lol. Sometimes she just sleeps through it other times she squirms her head away and crys.

Poor baby! Nothings worse than seeing a sick baby! I hated when Emma was sick, but its good because their immune system gets stronger.

I remember when my little cousin was a baby (she was a twin and she was the smaller of the two so everything hit her worse) when she would get sick and try to cry it was soo weak and barely a cry. Almost nothing came out when she tried, it was so heartbreaking, brought tears to my eyes.

Glad you posted this as I was just about to post something similar about Nathaniel. He's just turned 10 weeks however has caught the worst cold/cough off me. He has a bit of a runny nose as well though. Went to the docs and she didn't seem to know anything, she even said 'It doesn't matter if he isn't taking his milk as long is he is eating' Ummm he is two and a half months old!

Is absolutely terrible and he is spluttering all the time, crying on a nearly permanent basis here. Is braking my heart esp. as I had the bloody flu and now he is got part of it. Just no temperature thank god. He has had it about 5 days now with no stopping so taking him back to see a different doctor tomorrow. Let me know if you tried anything that worked :/ xx

Well actually today I noticed that she was wheezing when she was breathing and I didn't like it so I took her to a different doctor and they tested for RSV and it was positive. Thankfully it isn't to bad so they gave me a prescripion for something that is breathed in through a mask every 4 hours. Also the told me to spray baby saline i hr nose then use the asprator to suck it clean.

But if she gets any worse we have to admit her to the hospital.

It is horrible, she can only sleep sitting up and I am not getting any sleep because she keeps waking up coughing so I have to make sure she is ok.

Oh my God, oh no! Poor Jayden! Tina, I'm so sorry! :nope:
At least they caught it, oh poor sweetheart! Feel better LO! :hugs:

Whats RSV? Hope shes ok :hugs: xx
RSV is a human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) that causes respiratory tract infections. It makes it difficult to breathe. It can be fatal to infants if not caught early. :nope:

Oh i was just about the ask that! Thats so sad, i hope its not to serious and they caught it in time.

was also just about to ask what it was... hope baby is okay xx

Nathaniel turned out to have bronchilitus (sp?) :/

was also just about to ask what it was... hope baby is okay xx

Nathaniel turned out to have bronchilitus (sp?) :/

Kent had this. He was admitted to hospital for the night and had to have drips and xrays and all sorts then they had his breath in some mist. Had to attatch a cup to the tube so that he could take some of it in with him being so small.
Was devistating to see. I was a complete wreck. Slept in the bed with him all night. Thankfully with some antibiotics he was alright after llike a week. Horrible to watch them go through it though huh!
Hope LO gets better soon

RSV is basically bronculitis (sp?) Infants have been known to die from it.

UPDATE!
Yesterday Jayden had been coughing a lot more and her breathing treatments werent helping. She also was wheezing a lot more. Well then around 11pm she started coughing ALOT and then started choking and turned red. Thankfully me and my Mom were able to get her to stop chokig and calmed her breathing down. We ende up going to Righttime Medical Care (it is where you go when your docors are closed and its like a smaller E.R) They checked her there and didn't like how fast she was breathing an her wheezing so they sent us over to the actual E.R at the hospital. Well by the time we got there Jayden had stoped wheezing and was breathing completly normal so they sent us home and told us to come back if her breathing got worse and it looked like she was in distress. I wasn't happy about that at all. I just wanted her to be there so she was watched by professionals just incase something happend. We were discharged around 2am and my Mom watched Jayden for me and OH all night so we cold get some sleep. ( I am sick too so I was like dead and didnt trust myself watching her. I didnt want to fall asleep and not wake up to her choking or something and OH stayed up with her all the night before so he was exhausted) Thankfully she was fine all night and was able to get some sleep.

Oh im so glad that everything is ok now.
When kent had this he could choke so much that he would make himself be sick and then he would choke on that causing him to stop breathing. Scared the living crap out of me and i wouldnt wish it on anyone. Give her a bunch of cuddles :):hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->