Baby Day on Friday :-)

Sakura15

Reaction score
I'm so looking forward to Friday, I've decided to call it Baby Day. I have my first appointment at the public clinic where they will take basic info like height, weight, test my urine & my blood, and schedule me for my NT scan.

Since I have to take the morning off work for that, I figured I'd take the whole day and throw in a couple other appointments too. In the afternoon I'll be seeing a midwife at a private prenatal clinic for an initial consultation on their pregnancy and birth classes. I'd like to get some more info on the hypno-birthing class mainly, so I can decide if I need to pay for classes in person or if I can just learn it from the book.

I was hemming and hawing on whether or not I should just wait for the NT scan with the public system for the assurance that everything is going well, or if I should book for a private viability ultrasound before that. I found a reasonably priced clinic and decided to spring for it. I know it'll just be 3 or so weeks earlier than the NT scan but I'd really like the assurance that all is well and to get confirmation of my due date so I can talk to work about my maternity cover before Xmas holidays.

I'm feeling very excited now. If all goes well on Baby Day, I think we will Skype home to our relatives on the weekend to share the news, don't think I can wait til Xmas anymore!

No questions really for you ladies, just wanted somewhere to share my silly excitement, but if anyone can share what I might expect from a scan at 9+4, or opinions on hypno-birthing, I'd be happy to hear it.

Sounds like you've got a great day planned! :)

Hypnobirthing is definitely the way to go, helped me so much last time. I tried the first time, with the help of the Hypnobirthing book and cd. I read it all and did some of the exercises but I didn't really practise and when labour came, it all went out of my mind. Complete fail. Second time, I got the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs and started practising daily from when I was around 20 weeks. And it made such a difference! I had a so much better experience, despite some really scary moments and only narrowly escaping a c-section (I was literally on the table, about to be anaesthetised.). So I'd always recommend some sort of Hypnobirthing and the natal hypnotherapy CDs in particular. I'm sure classes would be helpful but if you decide not to do them, make sure you practise lots anyway!

In terms of your scan, it will depend a bit on equipment etc but you should get a view of what will look like an actual baby. I think I remember that at 8 weeks they still have a little tail. But by nearly 10, baby will probably look much like an older foetus, just tiny. Are you taking your partner?

Thanks for the advice, amygdala. I guess whether I take the class or not, it will all come down to practice, then.

How on earth did that c-section escape go? Baby just started to come naturally all of a sudden??

Yes, planning to take my partner :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->