baby "engaged" at 25 weeks?

snuggles82

Reaction score
This is baby number 3 for us. Our first 2 were big babies (10lbs 60z, and 9lbs 1oz). Both were born a couple of weeks early, and had pre-term labor which started at 32 weeks (started with contractions which were stopped with medication).

For the past couple of days this baby has been dropping low for a bit, and then moving back up when I laid down. But last night he didn't, and my hips were hurting so bad I could feel them stretching. I feel like he is just sitting on my cervix, and sometimes when I walk i feel like he is going to come out (although I know he isn't), but that's how low he is. My next appointment is on Wednesday.

Can a baby engage this early? Should I call my obgyn or just wait until the appointment? I should add that I have zero contractions, he's just super low and making me very uncomfortable (low back pain, hip pain,etc).

I'm not sure but if you're worried, it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call. That's what they're there for!

Im sure it wouldnt hurt to call them and see what they say. That being said, my previous 2 were head down and low from about 20 weeks. and they just kept inching lower and lower. By 27 weeks they were both engaged and it was killer. This baby, at 26+ weeks is still breech and hes making me nervous, even though I know he still has time to turn around.

i called my dr. and he thinks i have a uti, so he called in a round of antibiotics. So that should help hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->