baby facing downwards?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by YoungMummi17, Jun 7, 2011.

1. YoungMummi17

YoungMummi17 Well-Known Member

i had a checkup yesterday with my midwife and she felt around my belly and told me bub is the right size and the heartbeat was as loud as ever. but then she felt down lower and told me her head is in a downwards position...this is normal right?
    a friend told me this was normal but i just wanna double check with u guys..

x

2. punk_pig

punk_pig Guest

It's pretty essential Honey! Don't know how far along you are but bubs has got to get to a head down position in order to come out. My LO was head down from about 28 weeks I think! Although up to a certain point they can still turn back round and be feet down or stretched out sideways!

3. YoungMummi17

YoungMummi17 Well-Known Member

I'm 25 weeks.
    i thought it was pretty normal but i wasn't sure if it was normal at 25 weeks..

4. Bexxx

Bexxx Momface.

I think it's normal for them to be in any position at that stage :flower:

5. Lola472

Lola472 Well-Known Member

My doctor told me that would happen and could start anywhere around 25 weeks. So that is totally normal and good. She is just getting ready for her release date!

6. we can't wait

we can't wait Mom of 4

Hey. Yep, it's perfectly normal for baby to be headdown at your stage. You LO could still move though, so don't be surprised if you go back and baby isn't in head-down anymore. It happens. :thumbup:
    Your baby could very well stay facing down though. My LO went head down around 27 weeks, and has stayed that way ever since. It's a good thing! You don't want baby to be Breech or Trasnsverse-- then the doctors would try to turn LO, and possibley have to do a c-section. Baby being head down means good things!
    Good luck! :flow:

7. kittycat18

kittycat18 Well-Known Member

That's fine hunni :flow: My baby has been in the head down position from 29 weeks! x

8. missZOEEx

missZOEEx Isaac'sMummy<3

Perfectly Normal. :)
    My baby boy has been head down since 26 weeks. :D
    x

9. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

It's normal :flow:

LO could still move around though, but hopefully she stays put! My LO was always side ways until about 32 weeks, now he's head down and staying there! :thumbup:

10. Yazz_n_bump

Yazz_n_bump Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)

Totally normal, head down is GOOD means your LO is getting ready for birth (any other way like being breech and feet first is dangerous) x

11. eviestar

eviestar Well-Known Member

head down is the best you can get :) perfectly normal xx