Baby failed 2 hearing screening and no startle reflux?

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies

My baby boy is 2 weeks and 2 days old and he had failed 2 ear screening tests in both ears.
They came over and did the test last week which he failed then they came back again yesterday to re test and again he got no clear response.

He has now been referred to the hospital for another type of screening hearing test.
I've also noticed that he doesn't have the startle reflux like normol newborns have. He doesn't startle to any noise or anything and I'm now really worryng he may be deaf.

Anyone else had this happen and it all turn out ok?

He could be deaf but it's a good thing they are testing to see for sure. I'd get a speech pathologist involved asap

Hi hon
He passed. He got a clear response in both ears. I'm so relieved. Said other tests prob failed due to mukas from the birth. He can hear I'm so happy.

I was worried then for a moment! Phew! And relax again!!! Thank god all was good I’m the end. Hugs huni. That must have been super stressful for you xxx

Ahh fab news ! I was going to post and say get him re tested due to mucus in their ears . DS failed his one at the hospital and the midwife said reschedule it for 2 weeks later as it should be all clear then.

Glad all is good with baby ! Such a worry x

Hi ladies thank you all for responding.

Great that he can hear! His startle reflex will have been tested at birth and postnatal checks by the doctor or midwife gently letting his head fall back - this triggers it - so I am sure he does have one or someone would have said. Now he's hearing he'll probably begin startling all over the place. :D

Great that he can hear! His startle reflex will have been tested at birth and postnatal checks by the doctor or midwife gently letting his head fall back - this triggers it - so I am sure he does have one or someone would have said. Now he's hearing he'll probably begin startling all over the place. :D

He is now ho . His little arms fly up Haha.

Aww, the startle reflex is so cute isn't it :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->