Baby far from yolk sac

lindsvancamp

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just had my first scan at 6.5 weeks yesterday. We got to see the baby and the heartbeat! It was very cool and amazing to see.

The ultrasound tech pointed out the yolk sac which was not very close to the baby. As I'm looking up some stuff today, most pictures show the yolk sac right next to the baby. I can upload my picture later, but the yolk sac isn't showing- just the baby in the picture.

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I'm sure i'm just worrying over nothing as both her and my dr. said everything looked fine. But thought i'd ask if anyone has noticed their yolk sac being far from the baby?

Thanks!

Hi the yolk sac is inside the gestational sac so on the ultrasound the round black space you see is the gestational sac inside should be baby and the yolk sac ? If you
Look at my avatar you
Can see peanut and peanuts yolk sac.
Was the yolk sac you saw near the baby ? Did they give you a pic ?
I'm sure it's fine hun :)

Emma

And don't think it's a bad sign your dr said it was fine hun my little boy is 3 now when he was born they discovered he had a tiny cord a massive placenta and instead of 3 blood vessels in the placenta he had 6 !!
All babies are a bit unique lol

Emma

Hi the yolk sac is inside the gestational sac so on the ultrasound the round black space you see is the gestational sac inside should be baby and the yolk sac ? If you
Look at my avatar you
Can see peanut and peanuts yolk sac.
Was the yolk sac you saw near the baby ? Did they give you a pic ?
I'm sure it's fine hun :)

Emma

Thanks!
I did get a picture, which i will post later. But the yolk sac isn't shown in the picture. She showed me it on the screen though, it wasn't very close to the baby. Both baby and yolk sac were in the gestational sac, just not right next to each other. I think she really had to focus on the yolk sac to get a good picture, so i just got a picture of the baby instead! I'll post it when I get home.

I'm not an expert but I don't think it matters if the yolk sac isn't right next to the baby. It's possible it was just the angle of the uterus too making it seem further away than what it actually is. Yolk sacs, especially on an ultrasound, can come and go from view because they're pretty transparent. I wouldn't worry about it not being in the picture and if she didn't voice any concern about it then I wouldn't worry. They're both in the gestational sac and that's a good thing :flower:

I'm not an expert but I don't think it matters if the yolk sac isn't right next to the baby. It's possible it was just the angle of the uterus too making it seem further away than what it actually is. Yolk sacs, especially on an ultrasound, can come and go from view because they're pretty transparent. I wouldn't worry about it not being in the picture and if she didn't voice any concern about it then I wouldn't worry. They're both in the gestational sac and that's a good thing :flower:

Thanks.. can you tell i'm a major worrier?!!

It all sounds great to me you saw the yolk sac and it's where it should be :)
Honestly if there was anything wrong they would say it's all fine your babys doing great :)

Emma

Oh don't worry we are
All worriers when it comes to pregnancy lol

Emma

Hello everyone! I just had my first scan at 6.5 weeks yesterday. We got to see the baby and the heartbeat! It was very cool and amazing to see.

The ultrasound tech pointed out the yolk sac which was not very close to the baby. As I'm looking up some stuff today, most pictures show the yolk sac right next to the baby. I can upload my picture later, but the yolk sac isn't showing- just the baby in the picture.

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I'm sure i'm just worrying over nothing as both her and my dr. said everything looked fine. But thought i'd ask if anyone has noticed their yolk sac being far from the baby?

Thanks!
so what was thw outcome from the pregnancy??

It’s the angle of the scan. I’ve had photos of my son where his yolk sac is right next to him and others it’s opposite side of the sac. It’s nbd, everything is so small.

I don’t see a birth announcement but I did see she posted mid Jan 2015 (when she was due) some photos of her baby girl’s nursery. So her pregnancy went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->