Baby favours turning/sleeping on one side

adrie

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I realize there is already a thread related to this topic but I would appreciate any input regarding my personal situation.

My LO is 2 months on Dec 20, and starting sometime this past week, I have been noticing that she favours sleeping with her head turned to the left side, and when awake, turning her head left as well.

She doesn't have any flat spots as far as we can tell; her head still looks rounded, but I am concerned about it to say the least.

We haven't been diligent with tummy time as I was not aware that it was completely necessary; we have done it from time to time on the chest until she makes a fuss, and we have recently started trying to do so on our laps, and well as on her play mat on the ground. She just seems to fuss so quickly, or give up before much time has been spent, most of the time.

During the day when she is alert, I hold her on my lap with her legs dangling over either side, supporting her chest, and I have mostly done this before I realized any of this. I have also been diligent about alternating her side during naps and night sleeps for the past few days to a week. Sometimes I have to turn her back to the right side as she squirms back to her left often; but I think I see some improvement from her turning to the right when sleeping.

My fiance often plays airplane with her in the evening when he comes home. She doesn't hold her head high, but kind of in parallel to her chest/the rest of her body, of course with her chest supported. She is gaining strength but is still kinda wobbly. Is this normal for her age, or should she have more strength and control of her neck by this point?

I recently tried to get into the whole baby wearing idea as we have received a wrap and two backpack style carriers but none of them work for me to get on nor off myself as I have a disability. I am unable to support her with my right hand in order to adjust and secure her with my left, so needless to say I cannot use them by myself when it's just me and her, which it is most days. That is a real disappointment to me.

I am to the point that when awake and alert (and not in a need of a feed or change) that I want her off her head as much as possible. I have read that by 3 months, a baby ought to spend about an hour a day on his/her tummy. This would be ideal; I hope she can reach that.

Does anyone have any input? Thank you so much if you read this as it was long. :)

I would try a chiropractor. My little girl struggled with turning her head to the right. I took her the chiropractor as I heard it could help with colic and before I even mentioned about keeping her head to the left he asked if she was as he could feel some tightness in her neck. After an adjustment that day she came home and looked up while laying on her playmat which she hadnt done before. A few more sessions and she was happily turning her head in both directions - so feeding got alot easier too!! Not only are babies cramped up in the womb they get all twisted during delivery too so the chiropractor said things like this are really common. Oh, and her colic also improved - although that could have been her age too. No meds and just 15 min sessions twice a week, she even slept through an entire adjustment once! Worth a try :)

Thank you so much for the response!! I will definitely bring it up with my fiance!!! The points the Chiropractor made in reference to pregnancy and delivery definitely make a lot of sense.

Just a few questions for you. Firstly, how old was your daughter at the time of the first session, and were you referred by your doctor? Also, how many sessions did she need, or are they still ongoing?

Again, thank you very much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->