Baby fever

lucy_sky

Reaction score
Well I have had baby fever for the past 2 years...literally. It seems that everybody around me is or just had a baby. And some are even started on their 2nd and 3rd babies...I am only 24 and most of my friends are well on into motherhood and they are younger than me. I almost have a sense of jealousy, but then again I look at my life and I am comfortable financially and have everything I could really want (not trying to be conceded). My OH and I have decided to try for a baby this coming up summer, he has always been on the fence about kids but this past Christmas he shocked me and told me he would really like to be a daddy. Ever since then my baby fever has intensified. The reason we are waiting is because we want to have that security of having money saved so that when I got on mat. leave, we have money from EI plus our savings, plus he will still be working F/T. I know they say money doesn't matter, all you need is love, and believe me my kid will be loved sooo incredibly much. I just feel it is important to be stable and be able to provide for them without worry or fear, plus make sure they have a secure future financially. I grew up comfortably, but never had brand name anything and by the time I got the latest toy, it was outdated. Not that I want my kid to be spoiled, but it would be nice if they got what they wanted once in a while. I also had zero dollars saved for me by the time I turned 18...college wasn't really idealistic since I moved out on my own at 17 and needed money for rent, food and life basics. I want to be able to say to my kid when they turn 18...here's your college tuition, go become a doctor, lawyer, vet, whatever you want. Am I being unrealistic?

am i being realistic???.... hell yes! i agree, but although we wanted these things we also wanted to start our own family. now all our finances seem good, and im glad for jumping into the deep end, you never know whats round the corner! only you know whats best for you! and sometimes weird and wonderful things happen, things you never expected. good luck with ttc hope you get a fast bfp x x x x

am i being realistic???.... hell yes! i agree, but although we wanted these things we also wanted to start our own family. now all our finances seem good, and im glad for jumping into the deep end, you never know whats round the corner! only you know whats best for you! and sometimes weird and wonderful things happen, things you never expected. good luck with ttc hope you get a fast bfp x x x x

Haha thank you for the reply. I just hope I don't seem to come off as overbearing or whatever the word is, control freak? I guess I would rather be over prepared than in shock and struggling to raise a kid, even though I know a lot of people make it work out no matter the situation! And thanks for the TTC good luck...whenever I go shopping, I have to look at the baby stuff!

No I don't think that you are being unrealistic - if you have set yourself a target of an amount that you feel that will be ok then thats sensible - I know everyone says that there will never be a right time but I do think that there is.

I totally agree with what you are saying - and ideally I would do the same thing - my problem is that I am way to inpatient !!!!!! I am coming off the pill in feb and will continue to pay off the overdrafts while ttc as I don't know how long it is going to take to get pregnant - I know money is going to be tight so I would like to have some money behind me. I think what if is actually good in this what if the boiler breaks down, or the washing machine - are you going to have enough money to repair/replace. I do not want to get into debt as it will be difficult to get out of it again.

As you said you want to be able to enjoy your time with your children without any worries. To be honest I am kicking myself - I have had nearly 2 years to save and I haven't now the time has come to ttc I am panicking a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->