baby Girl 9 Months Thrusting/Humping Movements!!! - Anyone experienced this

princess.leah

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I'm hoping someone can help me, Ive spoken to my health visitor who says its normal, yet Ive asked everyone I know who have had children and give me a black look and laugh!!! It is quite funny but I'm getting concerned!!

My little girl is now 9 month, I'd say this started within the last month or so, firstly it was in her high chair, she starts to thrust herself against the crotch post, whilst doing this she is making "noises" and holding her breath and goes quite red in the face. she then started to do this in her car seat, and now on occasions if she is sitting on peoples knees!!!

My health visitor has said all very normal, she just likes the sensation yet no one I know has any experience of this!! Please help!!! - Will she grow out of it or is there something I can do to stop her doiong it, Ive tried distractions and avoided putting her in things with crotch posts etc, but pretty difficult, as almost everything has a 5 point harness!!!

Help!!! xx

She's obviously too young to really know what she's doing. She might just be exploring new movements.

I think if my son did that when little, i'd try adverting it somehow, and just try to ignore it.I'm sure she'll outgrow it.

My daughter who is 2 and a half does something similar but only when she is tired or going to sleep. ( actually I think I remember doing it as a child!) its just when shes cuddling you or laying on her belly she kind of lifts her bum up and down, I think its a comfort thing for her though x

My 9 month old has been doing something very similar for a few months. :) He doesn't go red in the face though, he just kind of goes 'huh' or grunts. The problem with us is that we think it's pretty funny and can't help but giggle, so that won't be helping. :blush: At the beginning, he would do it stood up, holding onto something and would make me think of Duff Man. Now, he still does that, but also does it whilst spread across your lap or whilst sat in front of me when nursing too. He knows we think it's funny because he smirks when doing it now. I think it might sometimes be down to a bit of trapped wind, but I'm not sure. I just hope he grows out of it before too long, I think it might look pretty bad if he's still doing it when he starts nursery. I tried writing a post about this before to find out if anyone else's LO does this, but couldn't think how to word it.

Thanks ladies,

My little girl does the grunting noises too. I also hope she will grow out of it!!!! She does it in her pram, in the car seat and now in the jumparoo!!!

I guess it is normal and as the health visitor said she is so young and she dosent know what she is doing!!!

xx

I've definitely heard and seen this before, but usually in older toddlers/preschoolers. It's a normal thing, it simply feels good and is an interesting and comforting sensation.

It's not rude or sexual, a 9 month old has no concept of those things.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much, and if she is still doing it when she is older to just explain it's something best done in private perhaps.

Otherwise you could have her checked fir thrush, it can be insanely itchy. I had it once and would probably find things to grind on for relief if I had it again!

both my girls did/do this, my oldest did it in her buggy by pulling the straps up lol. i used to get embarased by it and was allways trying to stop her but nothing worked she stopped when i stopped using the buggy. i had a few peope comment and say there daughter did the same i think it just fees nice
bless them :haha:

my lo now does it on my hip, in the highchair, and bath seat she hasnt done it in the pushchair yet thank god haha im not too bothered this time round she will grow out of doing it and its normal xx

Both my kids have done it, usually in bed or on the carpet.

They have stopped now!

My daughter atarted doing that when she was about 15 months old I think; I posted about it on here (look through my threads if you like; was around about the summer of 2011 I think) and there were a lot of mums with similar experiences. She soon grew out of it and she hasn't done it now in MONTHS. I actually totally forgot she ever did that :lol:

Lol my LO does it with her pram straps ESP when she's tired. And the other day she was in her bathtub and sitting over the plug and I guess it felt funny when the water was going out because she was giggling. I think it's super cute and funny. They must have tingly feelings in their clitorises (clitori?), right?

Ah thanks so much for all your replies, so pleased its not just my lo!!!

Nothing stops her doing it, its mainly if she is bored or tired. I feel more reassured that she will grow out of it!! lol,

Thasnks again for all your replies. xx

My DS started doing this around your LO's age & only occasionaly does it now. Normal I think! Xx

Tori does it, I find it hilarious :haha:

Let's face it, it feels good! There is nothing wrong with that. It's not sexual in ANY way...there is no thoughts to it. It's comforting. My older daughter used to, and I was very freaked out by it...just because I didn't know. But, I went to a pediatrician, and he said it was NORMAL and occurs in girls more than boys. Boys just keep their hands in their diaper (if they have access). LOL! When she is older, just ask her to do it in private, like her bedroom. My daughter, I am sure, still does, but she does it in her room, and I would rather not know about it. I mean, I don't think it's wrong or gross in ANY way, but as a mom, I think it's best if I just know my kids are normal and doing normal things, and that is good enough. LOL

my son is forever in the middle of the living room floor humping his teddys

My son has a rather unfortunate habit of humping my leg... does make me feel a bit uncomfy so I try to encourage him to move and do it against a teddy or something... Toddlers!

yep, my LO 'humped' the floor to, use to get herself to sleep that way too :) - she stopped once she learnt to walk x

my little girl did this and it turned out she had vaginal thrush- it was quite high up and wasnt diagnosed till her GP finally looked with a light and saw wee blisters and everything. though she does still do it from time to time after this and she hasnt had thrush... habit i guess too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->