baby Girl 9 Months Thrusting/Humping Movements!!! - Anyone experienced this

My niece (now aged almost 2 and a half) used to do this from about 10 months, mainly in the pushchair and highchair she carried on doing it until she was up to about 18 months then just stopped when she stopped using the pushchair most of the time.

I work in childcare and have known a lot of children to do it, all have outgrown it in time. Just ignore it and she'll stop in her own time.

i agree that maybe shes itchy. it could be a yeast infection. ive heard of this behavior in older children but shes only nine months. i have heard of babies exploring their privates when their diapers are off, does she do this?

Aidens always used to do it to toys on his mat and cushions made me roll with laughter xx

i agree that maybe shes itchy. it could be a yeast infection. ive heard of this behavior in older children but shes only nine months. i have heard of babies exploring their privates when their diapers are off, does she do this?

When her nappy is off she sometimes will kind of pat it, as she does with her tummy when its bare. I think I will make an appointment at the docs just to check its not some kind of yeast infection or something causing an itch.

Thanks for all the comments and info ladies,xxx

My 9 turning 10 months soon is doing the same thing! She "humps" me, her high chair, her grandmother. I haven't asked the doctor about it yet, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

I would only be concerned if it continues with no sign of stopping. Discuss it with her pediatrician or get a second opinion.

I've seen many similar posts- to one extent or another, so yes, as you know now it's common. My LO does this things with her legs- she squeezes them together and if she's standing she'll lift one foot (like a flamingo!). She's done this off/on since she was able to pull herself up- a big baby, early walker. She'll squeeze her legs together too in her high chair or car seat. She'll go through stages she'll do it often- then I won't notice it for some time, then she'll start up again. I've no clue when she might grow out of it being she's almost 3yrs... but I just let it go. Sorry for the Frozen pun... not intentional. LOL.

I did have her checked at first JUST to make sure she didn't have an infection or something else going on- all clear. She never touches or makes noises- just squeezes her thighs together. I haven't known anyone else who's LO did that specifically- but all variations of the same thing I suppose.

My dd used to do this. Still does some time. Its just cos it feels weird!

Its worse with boys......DS goes all quiet when you put his talk on then grins at you with ...ahem, you jknow , freaks me out

My son would do something similar, but I always figured he was just struggling against the harness or belt, or whatever, since he hated being strapped into anything. He hasn't done it in a while though, so maybe it's something they just grow out of doing?

I think it's definitely worth getting checked just so you can get piece of mind, but it sounds perfectly normal even if she isn't itchy. My daughter is 9 months and hasn't started this, but if she does, I won't be so freaked out haha.

mine does...still does and shes nearly 2. its totally innocent and normal. my OH cant bear it and gets embarrased but she'll either grow out of itor get old enough we can explain whats appropriate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->