Baby head down, but facing right side

Sarahrei

Zoe P <3
Reaction score
Did anyone else have this? I'm a FTM so clueless is a nice way of putting it.

I was just chatting with a doula, who said this might be why I haven't gone into labour even though I've had a bloody show and she's engaged. She should be facing my back, not my side.

If so, how did you correct it?

TIA

You will go into labour don't worry. I had the same with my youngest but he was facing the left. There isn't really anything you can do to correct it- though most babies will rotate as they are coming down and their head is crowning, at the latest. However even if they don't it isn't a problem, my son came out facing sideways like that with no negative implications xx

Thats the thing, that's how I was born too and there was complications, I made my mum really really sick :(

While most babies do turn during labour it's not that uncommon for babies to be born facing the wrong way or to one side I know loads of mums it has happened to and it's unusual for there to be further issues xx

I hope it all goes well for you! I, unfortunately, ended up having a C-section because my daughter was facing my right hip. She was low and I could even see the her hair in the mirror they put down there.... anyways, after 3 hours of pushing, she still didn't come out so they did a C-section. Poor little thing, had a V on her forehead right after birth where I had been pushing. This fading quickly though.

I hope your outcome is the same as the others, listed above, I just wanted you to know what happened to me.

Good luck!!!

My daughter was born facing up, sometimes they call it sunny side up... Medical terms its OP or occiput posterior. It was a difficult labor and long and hard pushing... But everything turned out ok. I don't think there is much you can do to turn the direction that baby is facing...... Don't know why we are the lucky ones. :nope:

My youngest came out in two pushes, membranes and waters intact though the latent stage of labour was the hardest I had experienced. My sister's youngest baby was in a similar position but the midwife made her wait two hours before pushing after she was 10cm dilated because she said her daughter needed to turn into the correct position. I am not quite sure how she didn't feel an uncontrollable urge to push or how that didn't cause further issues such as baby becoming distressed, but it didn't and her daughter did turn around. My eldest was also in a very odd position and his head only engaged and he went in the normal position just before the pushing stage xx

Stalking. Mine is facing the left ATM and I have been wondering if it is going to be a problem

They have to face the side to get into the pelvis. They turn to face the back as labour progresses. Nothing to worry about at all! Occasionally it causes a problem if they don't turn after but it is unlikely, it's just the dimensions of the pelvis mean they enter it laterally and good cntractions rotate babe once in there. Nothing to worry about, mine is sort of sunny side up and lateral but I'm not worried, trust your body will move baby when it needs to :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->