Baby is kicking all hours non-stop and it hurts. Is she in distress?

calm81

Reaction score
Morning everyone, or afternoon, evening.

I'm 33.3 weeks along and my daughter has been very active this entire last trimester. Last night, it seemed different. She was out of control moving, kicking, wiggling and doing what I can only describe as dribbling a basketball really fast type movements that lead me to seriously believe she was in distress. :cry:

All night feeling the movements is normal but the "dribbling basketball" movement coupled with it made me think maybe she was wrapped around the umbilical cord trying her hardest to escape with myself feeling so helpless to help her. :cry:

Along with all the movements, I was getting sharp pinches in my crotch and cervix area. I read about "lightning crotch," but somehow these felt different.

I'm very sensitive with my body and for all my babies I knew when I ovulated, they implanted, and so on. She literally NEVER sleeps in there. All day moving and when I wake up a trillion times throughout the night to pee she's still at it. As I type this, she's doing her dance.

The crazy "dribbling basketball" movements have finally subsided. I'm just getting the normal activeness right now, but what was happening?? Anyone here experience it before?

Also, how come she NEVER sleeps? Unless she's a sleep wiggler.

Thanks in advance.

She is probably just having a burst of energy.. Typically a baby in distress will stop moving because they are conserving their energy.

If it's worrying you I would contact your MAU or midwife and see what they say. I've had a lot of nights like this where I start to worry but then when I go to bed she settles down and if I wake up during the night she's always asleep.

Your baby probably was just having a super active day but if you feel something is wrong then go with your instincts. I have heard stories where excessive movement can be a sign of distress so it is always best to be checked x

sounds like shes happy and stretching away turning and moving about, my daughter is the same she has the odd quieter day and somedays she is on the fidget for hours. I have 11 days to go and she has rolled back to back with me this week so she is still being naughty lol. id say shes just getting stronger but always ask your midwife is your unsure xx

I like the idea of it being because she's happy and getting strong. Thanks for that visual. :flower:

I have an appointment on Wednesday, thankfully. I will get more reassuring updates from my Doctor.

If she's this active now, then I have my hands full when she is born. Yikes.

My little boy has been similar to this the last fwe days - I much prefer it to when he has quiet days as that always makes me worry - but, like yourself, I have been worrying he may be moving loads due to being in distress. I guess we as mothers will always worry. Mention it at your next appointment and hopefully that will bring you some reassurance:hugs:
xx

My DS had movements like that and it genuinely felt/looked from the outside like he was having a fit or seizure. He did it when I was being monitored in hospital (i was in early labour at the time) and the midwife said it was nothing to worry about and just an energy burst. Still freaked me out though, little monkey!

Lol she's just one happy baby in there. Mine has been active this whole pregnancy with a couple of lazy days. The closer you get to term, she'll most likely slow down :)

I like the idea of it being because she's happy and getting strong. Thanks for that visual. :flower:

I have an appointment on Wednesday, thankfully. I will get more reassuring updates from my Doctor.

If she's this active now, then I have my hands full when she is born. Yikes.

I sense mine has an attitude already. She's my first and not engaged back to back, hates heart monitors and squirms away when the midwife wants to listen to her heart. At 4am this morning she was sticking a little knee or foot out my side and she stuck it right up and kept it still for ages whilst I stroked it lol... I'm so in live with her already... she also does nutty basketball bounces. Hiccups most days too lol xx

My lo is normally very quiet, so at about 33-34 weeks when she decided to get crazy in there for a WHOLE DAY you can imagine my fear, esp, after checking Google about excessive movement. I called my O.b which told me not to worry, movement was good. It was NOT reassuring to say the least. I got out my Doppler and did a net at home by recording heartbeat/total movement. Its supposed to go up with movement 15 beats for 15 secs and then back down with no movement. My little one was fine, but she also returned to her normal Movement later that night. I think in your situation the MOST reassuring thing is that she's back to her normal movement pattern and is indeed still moving. I think ( not sure though) that when a foetus shows excessive movement due to distress that the movement will eventually slow/cease once they've struggled all they could. I am by no means telling you everything is definitely fine, you should probably call just for peace of mind alone, but if I had to compare it to my scare where I did freak out, everything sounds like its okay in there!

You all have definitely put my mind at ease. Thank you so much!!! This is my 3rd pregnancy, you'd think I'd be a pro by now, in fact, it's true what they say, every pregnancy is different and keeps you on your toes.

Thanks bunches.

ANY change in normal movement should be treated with extreme caution and if you're concerned put a call into your care professionals.

Increase movements can be an indicator of things like placental abruption / foetal distress / siezure so it's never to be ignored and thought of as only positive.

No one will ever think you're paranoid so if you need to make a call, then do!

I think it's always good to check if you're concerned. Having said that, my daughter was a crazy active baby in the womb, and now she's a crazy active kid in the world. Nearly nine months and I lay money she'll be walking before ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->