Baby is lazy today....

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
36 wks and baby seems very lazy today, I felt him in the morning, but not really much at all since then.... Is it normal by this many wks for baby to slow down in movements?

A week a go today I had a lot of reduced movements. I felt her, just a lot less compared to usual, eventually I went to my maternity ward to be on the safe side as once the thought was in my head it was the only way to stop me worrying!

Everything was fine, and OB said baby was just having a lazy day when I saw him a few days later :) Have you tried drinking some water then laying on your side to count kicks?

Thanks so much! Glad to hear its normal for them to have a lazy day.... I got him to wake up tonight after a spicey snack ! But he's back to sleep, I don't think I felt him actually kick for hrs on end today.... I hate such worry! :( I'm sure he is fine, just can't help but get concerned when this happens ..... Maybe he's just running out of room! I feel so much pressure down there like he keeps trying to escape!

If you have reduced movements, you need to call your midwife/doctor and arrange to go in and be checked over hun.

Baby's movements do not slow down towards the end of pregnancy. It's a common misconception that really needs addressing in my opinion.

Any change in pattern of movement should be checked.

Bug isn't moving as much either. Actually haven't really felt her since 3/4 this morning.

It is NOT normal for baby's to slow down in movements at the end, it is NOT okay to put lack of movements down to a lazy day. Any reduction or change in your baby's movement needs checking out - yes it is usually fine (you may not feel kicks for any number of reasons including being busy) but sometimes it is a sign that baby is in trouble.

Don't wait at home worrying - call your midwife. We would rather see people all day long than to get the cases we do when people come in too late. Please just call your midwife

I had this the other night I am 37 wks and I went in to be monitored and as soon as j got on she was going mad.. if your concerned give them a call

I would go and get checked. Better to be safe! It is not normal for movements to reduce because you're further along.
If you don't want to get checked straight away you could try ice cold drink of water, sugary drink or something and lie on your side? But I would still persist you get checked x

And remember the only way a baby can tell you that they are ok is by moving! Any reducement in movement can indicate a problem. It doesn't usually so don't worry. I was in and out of hospitals with my daughter because of reduced movement but I was never made to feel that I was wasting their time x

My advice is go and be monitored. Chances are all is fine but I had monitoring on Friday and midwife made me stay on it for an hour and a quarter because baby got lazy half-way through and she said she wanted it to be more reactive. She made me drink two glasses of water and said sometimes they move less if you get slightly dehydrated - my baby perked up after that and I have been trying to drink more since!

My MW told me that if movements are slower than usual, eat something sweet and drink some cold cola then lie on your side for a while, if it hasn't picked up within an hour then go in and get checked x

Thanks so much everyone, after drinking coffee, putting hot sauce on everything I ate, had some orange juice,took vitamins, chugged water, laid down for a while , and still nothing besides maybe his butt shoving up into my ribs, but no kicks or punches.... I called the dr.... He said not to worry and it's ok to have a lazy day at this point since baby is measuring big and my stomach is small..... But I still feel uneasy about this :/ really uneasy :( I was in L&D 2 times last wk for contractions and cramps.... I hate to go back , especially after my dr said to relax and he's fine! What to do.... I'm about to eat dinner..... Hoping for a dance party in there after a big meal!!
I did have to strain quite a bit while going to the bathroom earlier, I'm worried did I strain too much ? Can that hurt baby?

Thanks so much everyone, after drinking coffee, putting hot sauce on everything I ate, had some orange juice,took vitamins, chugged water, laid down for a while , and still nothing besides maybe his butt shoving up into my ribs, but no kicks or punches.... I called the dr.... He said not to worry and it's ok to have a lazy day at this point since baby is measuring big and my stomach is small..... But I still feel uneasy about this :/ really uneasy :( I was in L&D 2 times last wk for contractions and cramps.... I hate to go back , especially after my dr said to relax and he's fine! What to do.... I'm about to eat dinner..... Hoping for a dance party in there after a big meal!!
I did have to strain quite a bit while going to the bathroom earlier, I'm worried did I strain too much ? Can that hurt baby?

Don't listen to doctor. Go to l & d and don't worry about bothering them, it's your baby and that's all that matters. It's also their job!

And no it can't hurt baby don't worrt :)
But yes go get checked!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->