baby is poorly dont know what to do! HELP!

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score

hi girls!
oh god! i dont know what to do!
my house is sooooooo cold its thick snow outside, and unfortunatly our crappy council house lets every bit of warmth out!
we try to have radiators on all day but its expensive especially as were on a meter!

Anyway for about 1 week my little princess as had the snuffles! she sounds like a little piglet because she cant breath properly!
the past couple of days since the snow started its got worse.
When the snuffles started i took her to drs and all they said was "here get some drops, put them in her nostrils 2 in each nostril when needed, but it hasnt helped.

i went to te shop today to see if i could get something, medicine wise to clear it up(i dont want her poorly at xmas!)
all they had was calpol but thats for fever and pains (but she dosent have that just a snotty nose!) and karvol and vapour rub but they are for 3 months+ and shes only 7 weeks! the packet says dont give to children under 3 months!:nope:

so i dont know what to do! i hate seeing her suffer! :cry:
with my sons it was ok because his first cold was when he 5 months ( he was a summer baby)

any help would be appreciated!

get an oil burner or if you havnt got one you can do this with a v hot radiator or light bulb - put essential oil of eucalyptus on it and it will help your baby breathe. you can use olbas too....you can also put a bowl of water in a warm room to humidify it a bit to help the baby breathe. warm steam and baths hlp too. hope that helps

prop up the head of her crib with something that will help some. Turn the shower on hot and close to door to let the steam build up than take her in there for a few minutes. They also have Vicks plug in vaporizers that worked well for us in the past and I think they are okay for any age group

some olbas oil or vapour rub on a bib or muslin cloth and put it in her moses basket/cot for a while before naps etc, lots of cuddles from mummy wrapped up in a comfy duvet will also help you both. Try not to panic too much some extra layers ie cardi and mits etc to keep her warm etc and she will be over it in no time :hugs: xx

I have the same problem, this is what i've brought for it: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-TH...ptZUK_Baby_Baby_Safety_ET?hash=item4a9c733e15

i have same prob 2..took lo docs today and he gave me drops and said becoz shes so tiny theres nothing else he cud give. its awful seeing her like this :(

Jack is 7weeks old too & he has had a blocked nose almost since birth! Its so terrible cos you feel kinda helpless! I bought some Nasosal nose drops to try to clear his nose. Maybe you could keep your little one wrapped up in one of those sleeping bags when she goes for a sleep, that way the blanket wont be kicked off. The doctors have said to me, as long as they are feeding & filing their nappies ok, then they are not too concerned. Hope she gets better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"