Baby Isaac's Story

Sophiejash

Reaction score
It's going back 8 weeks now but my little man arrived in a hurry. I had no show and my waters didn't break until I was pushing him out.

It was Tuesday 26th July and I was 1 day overdue. Husband and I were watching the series on tv about New Zealand. My husband had been travelling there when he was younger and it took him back so he got out the photographs and was showing me and talking to me about adventures he'd had there.

Well come 10.30pm I was tired so decided it was time for bed. As soon as I stood up from the sofa it was like a switch had been flicked, I started getting contractions immediately 5 minutes apart lasting 30 seconds. Because my first child was induced two weeks early I didn't know what going into natural labour felt like, so unsure whether it was the real thing I timed my contractions.

I was completely unsure and my husband decided to pass the very useful comment of 'surely you know what they feel like?'. Well the pain was only really low down like period pains and in my head the logic was 'surely if my whole stomach is contracting to have this baby the pain would be all over'.

Well I left it one hour, was texting my mum who said it might be but it was good prep for her as she was soon to have my daughter to look after.

At 11.30 I decided to call the hospital, they said come in and they'll check me over. So grabbing my daughter out of bed (thankfully bags, car seats etc I already had ready and waiting in the car) we raced down the motorway to my mums and dropped our daughter off at about 12am, raced on to the hospital and got there about 12.10-12.15am.

By the time I got there my contractions were every 2 minutes if that and I wanted to push. Despite the fact I called ahead they were busy and weren't ready for me. They told me to go back into the waiting room but I had already stood there for 5 or more minutes having contractions in front of everyone and new then that I wasn't far off. I really didn't want my waters to break in front of everyone else waiting. I told them no I am wanting to push so they put me in a side room while they got my room ready.

So far I'd had absolutely no pain killers and like I said knew I needed to push now so I told them again and they said they'd hurry up.

Anyway they came back shortly and said room was ready so we got there speedy.

Losing all dignity I got into the room and shouted give me gas and air for the pain and said to my husband get my pants off (haha). It had been a hot day and I had just thrown on a little summer dress and pants in our race out of the house. Anyway jumping on the bed the midwife examined me and said 'yes fully dilated, it's not a small baby, let's push him out'.

So it started. OUCH. To avoid tearing whilst pushing the head out she said to do it a little bit at a time. She would tell me during a contraction when to push, when to stop and to breath the rest of the way through the contraction. That was hard and man did it sting!!!!

So after hardly any time pushing and still wearing my little summer dress Isaac arrived at 12.51am weighing 9lb 7oz.

Only 2 hour 20 minutes from start to finish I only just made it to the hospital on time.

I suffered a small tear so needed a couple of stitches (which when sewing me up another midwife came into the room thinking it was vacant as it was all so quick the midwife I had didn't have time to sign us in, we just jumped into the first available room. She signed us in etc after he arrived ha ha) but otherwise was just tired. I had a warm bath and some wonderful cuddles before they transferred me to a private room around 4am. My husband had to leave so went for a bit of rest before returning about 9.30am and we were all discharged about 12pm.

Breastfeeding hasn't worked out but Isaac is now 8 weeks today and weighs 14lb 15oz so is doing really well. 😃💙
His sister Sadie adores him, loves to cuddle and help me feed him (I wonder how long that will last)

Feel like I have the perfect husband and family I've always wanted! 💙💗

Wow that was a quick labour! Congratulations :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"