Baby Items?

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
What items do you see as necessary? We have pretty much everything at this point, as we had a shower over the weekend. We decided to go without monitors as the two bedrooms share a wall and DH and I are already light sleepers. I do still need to buy a bathtub...I really love the Blooming Baby one in pink, but haven't decided yet.

I got the blooming bath (in yellow) at my shower and can't wait to use it! We also got another tub for when she's a little older, a playmat, mamaroo and pack n play are also on my must have list.

I just got a baby thermometer, there were two kinds that either pick up temps from ear using disposable covers or touch less forehead. We got the touchless kind. Winter is coming and with that the cold season! Everything else is ready to go.

Necessities are ultimately a place to sleep, a way to feed, and a diapering supplies. Everything else is just details! But it's nice to have things like nipple butter (if you will be BFing), diaper cream, burping cloths, changing pad, infant health kit (thermometer, nail trimmers, etc.), stuff like that.

I will have Andrew in with me but will still have a monitor, I get one with a sensor ad otherwise I would never sleep, just keep checking he was still breathing... Is a personal choice but I found the baby baths really crap, opting for a bath support instead..
Most needed items, somewhere to sleep and a way to feed them x

Well I'd say I was 'ready' if baby popped now, minus bits for my hospital bag. This is a rough list of what I have:

Pushchair/Carrycot
Connecta carrier
Car Seat
Bedside Crib
Cloth Nappy Set (x24 bamboo terry squares, x24 muslins, x24 Disana cotton tie-up nappies, x3 wool wraps, x4 AIO nappies for travel).
Changing bag,
x2 hooded towels,
0-3 Sleeping bag,
x5 thin cotton blankets,
A cellular baby blanket
A fleece pram blanket
A swaddle blanket
Clothes: x5 Newborn bodysuits, x9 Newborn sleepsuits, x10-11ish 0-3 sleepsuits, one newborn snowsuit, one 0-3 snowsuit. Still need: hats, socks and possibly some 0-3 bodysuits.
x6 Muslins for burping,
Terry flannel bath support,
Lanisoh nipple cream,
Breastfeeding support pillow,
x4 Daytime Nursing Bras,
Bouncy chair,
Playmat,
Non-bio sensitive washing detergent for pre-washing.

Things I still need: Nursing pads (Lanisoh ones were the only ones that worked for me last time round!), nursing sleep bras, nappy pail, crib sheets, cotton wool balls, thermometer, nappy cream, hospital bag supplies. I can't think of anything else...no need for a monitor as we'll have our carrycot downstairs as well as the upstairs crib in our room for the first six months.

The thing I used most was the bouncy seat. Just a plain ole regular bouncy seat that was lightweight and easy to take room to room. The thing I got rid of within the first month was the baby bath. It was easier to bathe with the baby. The video monitor was used more than I thought it would. Like when I bathed or showered it helped to see baby since she was constantly making noises or little cries I could see that she was okay. The swing worked wonders when lo had colic, but I wished I hadn't spent so much and just got something basic as that's all she really needed and by 6 months she wasn't too impressed with it anymore.

Really though, if someone said pick only one thing you couldn't have done without (besides the necessities like feeding, sleeping things) I would have to go with the bouncy seat.

What do you ladies think about the need for a rocker/glider? I have a rocking chair that was made for nursing....180 years ago...it came over on a boat from Finland. Needless to say, DH is leery about using it. It's sturdy but it's old and he's paranoid about it collapsing.

Mrs Saskwatch I got a lazy boy type of rocker/recliner used and if you're spending any amount of time bf'ing I want to have a comfy armrest and recliner for us both. I had the choice of my grannie's wooden rocker and well, I think there's a time and place for nostalgia but not when you need comfort for long periods of time.

i find that the items i need for baby depend on the type of delivery i have.
best purchase has definitely been changing tables, we have three set up around the house, as we usually have two in nappies at a time. we recently opted for the larger units with combined shelving on the back for storing cloth nappies.

a nappy caddy for the lounge, which has emergency supplies in it, so if you're breastfeeding and unable to move or have been puked on- you can grab an extra muslin or wipes etc. those are fab! and not many mums have them, funnily enough.

this time around i have made myself four baskets of loveliness.
these will be placed around the house in places where they will be needed the most etc.
the first basket....
1) for pregnancy- this basket contains:
bump butter
foot gel (for swollen feet)
bump oil
maternity bubblebath with added oils and stuff
gaviscon
paracetamol
breast pads
maternity pads (for those discharge spotting days, close to delivery)

2) for postpastum, this basket will live in the bathroom by the loo, it contains:
witch hazel
aloe vera gel
maternity pads
2x clean pairs of pants
cooling breast pads
breast pads
nipple cream
paracetamol
lavender oil
coconut oil
andrex wipes
fem fresh wipes

3&4) breastfeeding/nursing (one will live in the lounge, one will live in the bedroom, on my bedside table) baskets;
breast pads
nipple cream
nursing necklace
hairbands
muesli bars
bottle of water
muslins
nursing cover (only in the one box for downstairs for when family visit)
sadoku book and pen

also splashed out on some dyes for the old muslins as they're in great condition but just looked a bit washed out where they were washed so many times, they look like new now. very pleased with the results!
i also dyed my old maternity robe, its so comfy i can't part with it. i have birthed all my children whilst wearing the same gown so i shall be wearing that again, i haven't dyed it as its striped so wouldn't work.

bought a new moses basket, i can't seem to function without one. i know you don't need one, but i love having a newborn in a moses basket as you can carry it around the house. we bought an extra stand this time so that baby can be brought downstairs and have a nap in the lounge. definitely worth having two stands if you live in a house with stairs, so you save yourself an extra trip upstairs,

This is my list of must-haves for our newborn twins. If I had to narrow it down to just a few I'd say SwaddleMe's, Rock n' Plays and pacifiers. I hope it helps! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twin-baby-product-must-haves/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->