baby juice/squash

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
so maddi loves her juice and i've been buying and giving her the hipp mineral water and apple - the ready made ones, but she drinks a lot of it and we're constantly running out :dohh:

is there any thing i can give her as a concentrate, so i make it up myself, like for me i drink the sugar free robinson's - but i take it she can't have anything like that.

she doesn't mind water but as a personal preference i like her having juice :)

so help guys! is there any baby juice in a concentrate that i can mix with boiled water? or can i give her different, like what i have, when she's a year?

help??!!

She can have any juice that is 100% juice, but honestly if she likes water I would really give her that. Juice isn't very good for them, it's a big contributer to childhood obesity because kids tend to drink alot of it and it has alot of calories adn even though it's natural sugars if its 100% juice, it's still alot. If you want her to have it though, we let our boys have some now, at max once a day but it's usually just a couple times a week, it's watered down by atleast 50%. Kids should have no more than 4oz a day...that includes it watered down, so say you do 2oz water 2oz juice, she shouldn't have anymore than that all day

i dilute the hipp stuff, so it lasts alot longer!!

Courtney still drinks it, but saying that maddie might not if shes used to the real deal :lol:

I think high juice is meant to be better for them cos it doesnt have all the additives and stuff but the calories is high!!

I also give courtney any fruit juice, like cartoned and mix it with water... :)

tbh, if she will drink water, that is the healthier choice and habit to get into... Juice is healthy too, but water is even better for children.

Any real juice, with no sugar added is ok, you can cut it with water too.

Yeah I agree with Ryder...since she likes it now it would be really good to give her just that, or mostly that and very little juice, like I wouldn't even do daily. Because as she gets older she will want more of the sweet stuff and if you don't have her drinking water on a regular basis when she gets to be a toddler and older it will be much harder to get her to do, and water is so good for you they need to have that.

I am sure you can give her normal juice watered down. It's not gonna hurt her.

I am sure you can give her normal juice watered down. It's not gonna hurt her.
agree with wendino..... and we also water down the hipp organic stuff. xxx

Do you have 100% concentrated juice in the UK? We have it here.

Jasmine has robinsons apple and blackcurrent, sugar free juice, my hv and gp said its perfectly fine for her

You could always keep an eye out for the organic juices ... like that new one Robinsons has brought out?

I got Brooke a tiny jar of Boots own water with a hint of apple and it tasted like dirt :sick: :rofl:

yeah we tried them ones holly i wasn't that keen! i do water down the hipp stuff too! we drink lots of water and sugar free squash in this household so obviously she does have both guys, feel slightly pounced on with the replies, i really do no how great water is, we drink it all the time, i was just asking about juice, and i did say that, felt a little criticised for my choice, i'm sure that wasn't the case, thanks anyway :)
yep wendo - we have the concentrated juices honey - and kerry i no the ones you mean - i've never really brought them cos of the high cal's in them. but might give it ago, we obviously dilute everything with lots of boiled water :)

Grace hates water but likes juice. I find the baby juices are expensive and full of sugar so I'm wary of giving her too much as I have a history of diabetes in my family. I sometimes give her a drop of cordial very watered down x

:hugs: Carly, of course water is important and its good that Maddi drinks it, a lot of LO's wont go near the stuff!!

I too buy the Hipp one thats ready to drink and water it down even more.

Next time your shopping have a look in the adult juice aisle and see what organic stuff is about

I felt you were a bit attacked too. :hugs: hun! :) Helena will only drink apple cherry juice with some water, and not plain water.

yeah we tried them ones holly i wasn't that keen! i do water down the hipp stuff too! we drink lots of water and sugar free squash in this household so obviously she does have both guys, feel slightly pounced on with the replies, i really do no how great water is, we drink it all the time, i was just asking about juice, and i did say that, felt a little criticised for my choice, i'm sure that wasn't the case, thanks anyway :)
yep wendo - we have the concentrated juices honey - and kerry i no the ones you mean - i've never really brought them cos of the high cal's in them. but might give it ago, we obviously dilute everything with lots of boiled water :)

i'm not surprised carly!! :rofl: sometimes these lectures miraculously appear from nowhere! fin hates water too. some kids do. we'll see in 30 years whether he needs a crane to winch him out of the house or not. xx

oh gosh bexy - i never thought of that - i worry about the sugar and the artifical sugar i have as its low cal for my dieting! so i don't give her that, oh gosh parenting is hard, confusing and scary, i hardly give maddi anything as i worry! :hugs:

thank you holly :hugs: i certainly will :hugs: going tomorrow so will have a good old look :D

thanks wendio - :hugs: i'm sure that people were just stressing the importance of water, which i no, but like helena - maddi loves apple juice! and summer fruits - not much else :dohh: she drinks water but i do like to have a little flavour for it :)

i'm not surprised carly!! :rofl: sometimes these lectures miraculously appear from nowhere! fin hates water too. some kids do. we'll see in 30 years whether he needs a crane to winch him out of the house or not. xx

i no i shouldn't laugh but :rofl: i think i'm sensitive too as my hv told me that maddi would get IBS, obesity and bowel cancer if i weaned her early :dohh: i did wait till over 6 months, but as her choice, not what they said! i've always been a bit sensitive to the matter since :blush:

i no i shouldn't laugh but :rofl: i think i'm sensitive too as my hv told me that maddi would get IBS, obesity and bowel cancer if i weaned her early :dohh: i did wait till over 6 months, but as her choice, not what they said! i've always been a bit sensitive to the matter since :blush:

oh darling, don't feel like that. what i don't get is that people seem to think others are idiots! there's always going to be someone who is of a 'stick to recommendations' opinion..... humans are unique, their needs are completely individual and instinctive..... i would say don't be railroaded... you're obviously a wise woman......

xxxxxx:baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"