baby juice/squash

oh gosh bexy - i never thought of that - i worry about the sugar and the artifical sugar i have as its low cal for my dieting! so i don't give her that, oh gosh parenting is hard, confusing and scary, i hardly give maddi anything as i worry! :hugs:

Isn't it! I have sugar free squash anyway. My grandad and auntie both have type 1 diabetes, the extra nasty one that you have to control with insulin injections. So Grace isn't given a lot of sweet stuff like chocolate. To be honest it probably wouldn't cross my mind so much if some of my family members weren't diabetic. II'm scared to give her things with salt in because you hear so many horror stories! But what you give Maddi sounds fine to me :)

awww thanks alio :blush: i certainly just try to read everything on the subject and get everyones views and then try and make the right decision for my baby x x

oh gosh bexy - i never thought of that - i worry about the sugar and the artifical sugar i have as its low cal for my dieting! so i don't give her that, oh gosh parenting is hard, confusing and scary, i hardly give maddi anything as i worry! :hugs:

Isn't it! I have sugar free squash anyway. My grandad and auntie both have type 1 diabetes, the extra nasty one that you have to control with insulin injections. So Grace isn't given a lot of sweet stuff like chocolate. To be honest it probably wouldn't cross my mind so much if some of my family members weren't diabetic. II'm scared to give her things with salt in because you hear so many horror stories! But what you give Maddi sounds fine to me :)

thanks honey, i remember studying the different types of diabetes, type 1 can be so nasty - i do no what you mean, thanks darling :hugs:

All I watch out for when giving juice to Jack is artificial sweetners, but its
hard cos its either got sweetners in or full of sugar :dohh:
I tend to give Jack tropicana 100% fruit juice for kids, its got loads of natural sugars in but full of fruit and goodness, I would rather him have that than robinsons dilute juice no added sugar. You could try giving her that watered down? sorry no better help and Jack is obviously alot older than Maddie but I think this is what I will give Rosie x

no that is helpful paula! thank you :hugs: its good to do what you do as they get older too :D

glad I was a bit of help hun :) I have always been paranoid about sugar and sweetners :dohh: But I am happy when I give him 100%pure fruit juice as I know its good for him! x

Sorry you felt pounced on P-B... I think it was just the wording of your original post that generated the type of replies you got...

:hugs:

I'm sorry you felt attacked, I'm guessint part of that was from me which wasn't my intent at all, you just said in your original post you'd rather her have juice than the water so I was just trying to say how important the water was over juice. But I wasn't trying to put you down for it or anything

thank you mommyof3co - i obviously no the importance of water for my princess, but also choose to give juice so i was asking about that, but thank you for your kind input:)

Dunno if this would help, but have you thought about getting juice from a piece of fruit and mixing with water? I bought a ready made one the other day and tried Liss on it but after reading this thread about using real juice, thought juicing yourself may be easier and less waste as you obv cant use the whole carton, unless you drink yourself. You can eat the rest of the fruit then too, 5 a day and all that! You also know whats going in it. Just an idea? :)

Maley has juice....she hates water but she has it very weak...i do give her the baby juices (Cow and Gate do a baby balance concentrated one) but when we have run out we have given her very watered high juice)......

fossey - thats quite a good idea, and she loves to chew on fruit too - might buy some oranges as well as i really like them :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->