Baby juice ...when?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I've forgot when I introduced Caitlin to her Avent cup and baby juice :blush:

Megan is weaning (not fully 3 foods a day or full jars yet) & not sure when to start offering her a cup to hold or extra fluids?

again :blush: lol!!!

Ummmm...lol
Maybe try offering some water or juice now , when are you giving her solids? I'd try with either lunch or tea, probably not breakfast keep that to her milk at the moment:)

Scary to think how much you forget, hopefully someone else will have more knowledge:)

Shes having brekkie because she is faffing on first bottle of the day now so it suits my lil miss this way :D

Dinner shes already on that to hun ...we've been doings tastes and slowing going up for 2-3 weeks now x

Here the recommendation is not until 6mo, but many drs say not until 9-12mo or older. With Hayden he was 15mo. I really wanted him to enjoy drinking water first before giving him the sweet stuff....even though his juice now (and my 6 and 4 yr olds too) is watered down by atleast half. But we just offered him a sippy of water with meals, he barely drank it for awhile, but now he loves ice water :)

Josh wont take water out the sippy cup but will take juice, he's a weird child.

I got the juice that can be used from 4+mon and gave it to him once he started putting the cup to his mouth and stuff. He gets about an an ounce whilst he has lunch.

Kimboo I started buying high juice - a dribble in a cup is all you need :D

Think I might try her on a little in her walker :D

Offer her some and see what happens hun, she might like a little drink with her food, milk must be so bulky for them to drink alongside foods iykwim?

Will look into the high juice, I thought it had to be baby stuff lol..

I have a couple of baby juices ready but even those I dilute with cooled boiled water then I'll go to high juice. x

As the others said I'd go ahead and start offering her a little drink with her meals. If nothing else it will start teaching her how to use a sippy :)

What's high juice? Here our juice is either 100% real fruit juice or something that has more sugars or flavorings added. When you look on the nutrition panel it will say what % is juice..but that's it

Layla been on sippy cup for a while, madam wouldnt take water out of her bottle but would out of that because it drbbled out! I got a 4mnth juice free, and i diluted it too haha even though it said ready to drink, looked darker than i make mine!

Caine has just started having cow and gate summer fruits that you can dilute a tiny bit.

He wont have water (never had it as we BF)

He dont like the sippy and can only get minute amounts out of the trainer bottle/sippie thing so he has about 3 or 4 oz a day in a bottle x

Ryan has a tiny bit of the sugar-free high juice too sometimes water but i usually offer it to him at dinner time as he's not on lunch yet but if he's thirsty in the morning i offer water and after dinner i give him a bit of juice as something sweet for him.

i think it gets him used to have a drink with his meal iykwim.

i think Megan will be fine with the cup now we've got the TT one and he grasped it straight away even the sucking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->