Baby keepsake box

Iren_iren

Reaction score
Do you have one or plan to do?
What would you put in it?

For my 3yo DS i have so far:
- scan pics
- hospital tags
- going home sleep suit and first halloween costume (he was born in October)
- first dummy and clean size 1 nappy
- new baby, first Christmas, first, second and third birthday cards
- first shoes photo from Clarks
- some artwork from nursery
- i'll add later on personilised blanket, wooden star and other gifts he had with his name and date of birth

I've started to collect things for new baby as well, so looking for things i might have missed and would be good to add for my new baby as well as for my 3yo going forward

P.S. Ive also have first year baby book, but did not keep up with records after that

I have one. It's way to full lol. In mine-

Hospital tags
Scans and DVDs of scans
First outfit worn in hospital
Going home outfit
First dummy
First Christmas and birthday cards (she was born in November last year)
Christening cards
I made her hand and foot print with plaster of Paris
Also hand and foot print on card.
I will be putting her first shoes in the box to when she has outgrown them.
I also have her baby book fully complete :)
I have kept my favourite outfit from each size (0-3,3-6,6-9 etc)n
I'm also just looking into getting a memory bear, cushion and blanket made with her old clothes before I get rid of them.

Oh I also kept her balloon she got when she came home, a balloon from her christening and birthday.
I was gutted cause I had a csection and was awake for literally 5 whole days I totally forgot to buy a news paper from the day she was born. I was hoping to still be able to get one but they are silly money now. Maybe I could get her one for a special birthday when she's older.

I am also doing my own little keepsake for her. I bought her a charm bracelet for her birthday last month. My plan is to buy her a charm every year that represents a milestone in her last year (eg this year I got her shoe charm because she got her first pair of shoes) my other half also bought me a bracelet so I could get some charms for mine to so I can remember our special moments together.

Wow! That was a long message haha. Hope this helps. X

I have one. It's way to full lol. In mine-

Hospital tags
Scans and DVDs of scans
First outfit worn in hospital
Going home outfit
First dummy
First Christmas and birthday cards (she was born in November last year)
Christening cards
I made her hand and foot print with plaster of Paris
Also hand and foot print on card.
I will be putting her first shoes in the box to when she has outgrown them.
I also have her baby book fully complete :)
I have kept my favourite outfit from each size (0-3,3-6,6-9 etc)n
I'm also just looking into getting a memory bear, cushion and blanket made with her old clothes before I get rid of them.

Oh I also kept her balloon she got when she came home, a balloon from her christening and birthday.
I was gutted cause I had a csection and was awake for literally 5 whole days I totally forgot to buy a news paper from the day she was born. I was hoping to still be able to get one but they are silly money now. Maybe I could get her one for a special birthday when she's older.

I am also doing my own little keepsake for her. I bought her a charm bracelet for her birthday last month. My plan is to buy her a charm every year that represents a milestone in her last year (eg this year I got her shoe charm because she got her first pair of shoes) my other half also bought me a bracelet so I could get some charms for mine to so I can remember our special moments together.

Wow! That was a long message haha. Hope this helps. X

Thanks for the reply!
I like the idea of charms or some sort of jewellery for myself and her :)
For DS i bought newspaper when he was 2month old..0_0..i was too tiredto temember it earlier haha

Hospital tags
Going home outfit
1st Birthday t-shirt. I get one made for each of my kids.
Photo holiday card from each year
Lock of hair from first haircut
Eventually, I might put lost teeth in there for them. My parents saved mine, and I was thrilled to see them when I grew up. Haha

I also included tags from when any of them went to the hospital.... My first-born has been twice. Once because he wasn't keeping down any food or fluids at 7 months old and once because he told me he swallowed a battery. $150, 3 hours and an x-ray later, no battery. I had to keep that one! Ugh! lol

I won't do much more. I might include their special stuffed animals that they loved as kids and whatever achievement awards and things they get..... Yes, their special blankets that they got as newborns. Not too much because I don't want them to have clutter, just memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->