baby kicks giving me heart palpitations ?!

Vicyi

Me & Mine
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Over the last few days/week it seems every time the baby kicks i get heart palpitations! I feels like my heart has missed a beat or i have been doing some major exercise when in fact i've just been sitting there!
Its worse when i am sitting down although i do get it a bit when standing/laying.
Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal?
I never got it with DD but am now panicking as my Mum told me when she was pregnant she got them and was then diagnosed with a heart murmur?!
Help!

Hey everyone,
Over the last few days/week it seems every time the baby kicks i get heart palpitations! I feels like my heart has missed a beat or i have been doing some major exercise when in fact i've just been sitting there!
Its worse when i am sitting down although i do get it a bit when standing/laying.
Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal?
I never got it with DD but am now panicking as my Mum told me when she was pregnant she got them and was then diagnosed with a heart murmur?!
Help!

I went to the OBGYN for the first time yesterday (first time hearing baby heartbeat with doppler at almost 18 weeks), and had the same thing. He said heart murmur too - but that it was very,very,VERY common for a pregnant lady! I'm not sure the reason but he wasn't concerned at all.

"Heart murmurs
While you're pregnant, your doctor will often hear a heart murmur. This new sound is due to the extra blood flowing through your heart. Usually this doesn't mean anything is wrong with your heart. Rarely, however, a new murmur can mean that there's a problem with a heart valve. If you have a heart murmur, your doctor can find its cause."
From: https://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4688

Thanks! My Mum said she had a murmur with all her 4 pregnancies but afterwards they couldnt find anything wrong but just recently the palpitations have started again (her last baby was 15years ago) and she has to go have it checked after xmas or am/was getting a bit panicked! Glad to know its more common than i knew! x

this is sooo strange! i have this...i do not have a murmor but i have 'sinus tachy' which is just a fast heartbeat anyway but the baby kicks make it worse!! its horrid like when he does a roll my heart goes all funnny! i read somewer that it can irritate something in our tummy which does it?!?! i dont know but glad someone else has it and im not going crazy haha its worse when i lie on my side and he kicks gets realy bad!!! <3x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->