Baby measuring 2 weeks behind now

RinnaRoo

Momma to a Monster
Reaction score
At my 20 week scan Ariel was measuring in at 18 weeks, a few days. They left it at that as decided not to push my DD back. I went back in on Thursday for an update scan and she's still 2 weeks behind. 30 weeks, measuring 28+. She's growing and proportioned normal, great heart rate and looked fine, just small. They don't know if it's a date thing or not because I never got a dating scan.
Anyone previously or is currently going through this same issue? I'm not terribly concerned and neither is Doc, but he does want her monitored.
Any kind words or stories and appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 13
When I had my second appointment at what I thought was 11 weeks, they used the doppler and couldn't find a heartbeat. They did a scan and there was baby measuring at 9 weeks. They changed my due date and she has measured fine at her 20 week scan. They think I just ovulated late. Since you have never had a dating scan, maybe the same thing happened to you?

Would it make a difference if my cycles are not 28 days long? More like 30-35 days? They never seem to be on time. I tried to keep track and it was all over the place.

Yes that would make a difference! Her growth is consistent so I wouldn't be at all worried in your position :hugs:

My first was born at 41w 2d - she weighed 6lb 14 oz and they said she was actually a 38 week old baby based on the evaluation they do. My cycles had been about 45 days when I got pregnant, but I was never given a growth scan so we didn't know her due date was off. It sounds like the same thing has happened to you. I wouldn't be worried since her growth has been consistent. :flower:

I'd go by whether your growth has been consistent rather than against a fundal height chart. As long as there has been no big peaks or drops at certain weeks you sound fine. I measured less than my weeks my first pregnancy and they predicted a small baby but he was born at 40+10 weighing 8lbs 8oz and I'm only 5ft! This time I'm measuring spot in for my weeks. I suspect that means another big baby!

My DD was just under 4 weeks behind by fundal height by my 40 week appointment with my DD. SHe was born at 40 weeks weighing 8lbs.

Thank you for all the good news stories. In my heart I feel like nothing is wrong at all, so I'm sure she's just fine.
:)

So I went to a different scan at the more baby oriented hospital like 5 blocks down, why I didn't go there in the beginning, IDK. Any way, the sonographer got her stuff, and was confused as why I was sent over, saying that he growth is within a normal range according to her measurements, Dr. might say something different.
So Dr. came in a had a go with the scan and spent time measuring her belly a few times, and listening to blood flow. He said that her body is overall in the 35th percentile which is OK. But her belly is only in the 5th percentile. She's all there and functioning normally, fluid in and around her is all great. She is just small, and that we will continue to monitor her every two weeks with scans. If she continues to grow, they will continue to watch. If she STOPS growing, they are going to take her out.
I think that's pretty good news. :)

I've been thoroughly monitored with my lo her weight is below 10th centile. But its only her belly dragging this measurement down everything else is average apparently. She was frank breech so couldn't get a very accurate measurement now she's head down she's coming slightly over 10th centile for weight. I think we may just be having babies with slim waists! Just to let you know you're not alone anyway :)

Such relief to hear someone in the same boat, Im almost in tears! Its just stressful because my son was the easiest pregnancy. He did everything he was supposed to, grew like a weed, and popped right out. Ariel is just a diva and making her mommy worry.
Thank you for the relief and for sharing!

I'm due on 9/1 and am 29+2...so if you're due on 9/4 that seems okay to me, or were your dates changed? I'm a little confused as to how you're 30 weeks.

I must have mistyped. :( I'm 29 today and she's been two weeks behind.

Heya, I am going on 34 weeks pregnant and my baby has always measured below the 10th centile as a whole measurement wise. My belly also measures quite a few weeks behind, I have been to St George’s Hospital every 2 weeks and they have found out this is due to uteroplacental insuffiency, LUCKILY I don’t seem to have that much of a bad case of it as my little one is small but continuously following her growth line, she also has a bit of fluid in her heart but she’s OK and coping with this just fine. What my placenta is doing is sending everything around in a diversion xx

Ok, dont google uteroplacental insuffiency...

Well, my baby's head is measuring a week behind and his/her belly is measuring two weeks ahead so I'm thinking this means he or she is dumb and fat?! Lol! Try not to worry (I realize that's nearly impossible--I myself am trying to stay off Google). I've spoken to two different OBs at my practise plus a sonographer and they all say that measuring 1-2 weeks ahead or behind is within the normal realm and totally acceptable. (I have read this in multiple places as well.) they apparently tend to get concerned when it's five or more weeks difference. maybe your dr. is just alarmist? And there's always the possibility that you are simply having a small baby. Just like I tend to grow big ass babies. Sigh.

My normal OB just wanted me to be seen at the other hospital and that is the big baby hospital. There, try said it's ok, but not ideal. If there was something that needed to be said, he would say it as that's what the appointment was for. They both want to continue to watch her though. Idk I'm just kind of worried with the whole thing, but I know in my heart she is just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->