Baby measuring small, positive stories needed, can't stop testing!!

EllenEmily

Reaction score
EllenEmily
Trying to conceive (TTC)
UPDATE: had scan today everything is fine, I’m measuring 8w 1 day, baby is 16.27mm compared with 1.8mm last time, grown loads!!with a heart rate of 161bpm... I’m going to stay off this forum
Because I read too many bad stories and it scares me more

I posted before about measuring 6 weeks when I should of been 7w 4 days according to LMP.

I keep taking pregnancy tests to see if theyre still positive, which they are, the line is very dark...

Would they actually start to lighten up if the baby has stopped growing? Or am I relying on false hope.

Tomorrow is my rescan so I guess I will know for sure, but all other stories I've read about women having miscarriage s when the baby measures small that early have ended badly, so if anyone has positive stories please let me know.

Are your cycles always regular? Maybe you ovulated later than expected?

My friend, with her first, went for what she believed to be her 12 week scan. They found a very small sac and baby, no more than 8/9 weeks (which wouldn’t be possible given when she got her bfp) they got her back 3 weeks later, baby was now measuring 12 weeks, and she is now a gorgeous 2 year old. So measuring small doesn’t always mean bad news.

My friend, with her first, went for what she believed to be her 12 week scan. They found a very small sac and baby, no more than 8/9 weeks (which wouldn’t be possible given when she got her bfp) they got her back 3 weeks later, baby was now measuring 12 weeks, and she is now a gorgeous 2 year old. So measuring small doesn’t always mean bad news.

Lovely story, I truly hope that's my case. No my cycles aren't regular,and when I've done ovulation sticks sometimes I ovulate 5 days before period, it always changes..... I didn't get a positive till 3 days late, and even then it was extremely faing

I measured earlier than I expected, and went back 8 days later and there was a fetal pole and heartbeat (couldn’t see anything but gestational sac and yolk sac before). Im still possibly 3-4 days off what I was expecting to be to be honest, but they can have a growth spurt, and I’ve heard that even going to different sonographers can be slightly different!

They don’t usually worry too much about size really early on as it can be so off! Between 9-12 weeks is the most accurate to date a Pregnancy, any earlier is incredibly difficult as it can change!

Please try not to worry! Good luck with your scan and give us an update xxx

Ps. I even said to my sonographer ‘oh so I could be like up to a week off what I thought I was then?’
and she was like no don’t even worry about that as it can change and isn’t entirely accurate. Their priority is usually to see if the pregnancy is viable, so seeing the fetal pole and heartbeat. I’ve heard all sorts of stories about early scans and it’s all entirely different for everyone!

Lovely story, I truly hope that's my case. No my cycles aren't regular,and when I've done ovulation sticks sometimes I ovulate 5 days before period, it always changes..... I didn't get a positive till 3 days late, and even then it was extremely faing

Hi! I’m saying this to be encouraging not mean cuz tone gets lost over the Internet

I highly doubt you O five days before your period and the amount of time between O is static. My lps (that time) are 12-14 days. Mine was 12. So on the 13th day after ovulation my period comes. If I ovulate cd 13 then my cycle is 25 days but if I ovulate cd 20 then it’s 32. When I was under 25, my cycle was clockwork always 27 days. Then one day I woke up and my o was all over the place. So my guess is you pinpointed O incorrectly especially if you didn’t get a positive until days after your expected period

So I second that if the tests are progressively darkening you likely just Oed later and early measurements can be off very easily. Three different doctors measuring that early can end up with three different measurement because cms make a huge difference. Lots of room for human error.

They should have run you blood hcg to give you peace of mind two days apart and see if the hormone is rising.

But generally don’t panic just yet hugs hugs a lot changes in a week

From my experience, I have been pregnant 8 times now, when you got a faint bfp, that depends on one thing. The sensitivity of the test you used. If it were a FRER it tells you from 5 days before your period is due, yet a FRRR will tell you the day it's due. So if you got a faint line on the first one then you ovulated about seven or eight days before that. On the second it's different because you could have ovulated much earlier than that but it wasn't sensitive enough to pick it up. I accidentally bought the wrong one and was totally confused as to why I only got a faint line when period was due but hadn't had sex for longer away than it would have taken for ovulation. Turns out the test wasn't an early one so I was thrown off xx

From my experience, I have been pregnant 8 times now, when you got a faint bfp, that depends on one thing. The sensitivity of the test you used. If it were a FRER it tells you from 5 days before your period is due, yet a FRRR will tell you the day it's due. So if you got a faint line on the first one then you ovulated about seven or eight days before that. On the second it's different because you could have ovulated much earlier than that but it wasn't sensitive enough to pick it up. I accidentally bought the wrong one and was totally confused as to why I only got a faint line when period was due but hadn't had sex for longer away than it would have taken for ovulation. Turns out the test wasn't an early one so I was thrown off xx

Everyone implants at different hcg levels because the blastocyst(I think idk of’s 6am lol) starts producing minute amounts of hcg at conception, so by implant it is between 1-5 usually. Then every pregnancy doubles at different speeds so when you get a first positive varies. I get squinters usually between 6-9dpo then a true, light line 10dpo evening. But I have had two pregnancies where my levels rose rapidly so I got bfps at 7-8dpo. Just depends. But generally yeah you can say a week/week and a half after O you get your first sensitive positive so you can say roughly you’re at 3-4w

Fxed for you!!!!

My little one measured small all the way through the pregnancy and apart from being a low birth weight was perfectly healthy. Your only 7 weeks i wouldn't worry your little one could catch up easily :) i would defo stop testing hun x all it will do is stress you out and wont tell you anything x it would take a long time for a test to turn neg at this stage and you would prob know if something had gone wrong before that x if your worried maybe its worth talking to your gp/midwife they can give you some advice/reassurance x good luck x

UPDATE: had scan today everything is fine, I’m measuring 8w 1 day, baby is 16.27mm compared with 1.8mm last time, grown loads!!with a heart rate of 161bpm... I’m going to stay off this forum
Because I read too many bad stories and it scares me more x

Awww congrats!!! Yeah tbh first tri posts are usually people freaking out, but feel free to come back with any good news to share :)

Just keep in mind most people who come to the internet have extreme experiences, otherwise they wouldn’t come out looking for answers ;). So don’t be a stranger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->