baby monitors

MarshMellow

Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump
Reaction score
Are you using them?? We are un decided. As LO will be sleeping in our room all the time hes in the mosses.

We havent, im in a small flat and any room ill be in ill still be able to hear.

We are going to be using one, not to start with as he will be in our room but once he is in his nursery it will be so valuable, go with what is right for you, take care :hugs: XX

we have them for when lo moves into his room, hopefully quite early, as we have a big house with high ceilings so noise doesn't travel far,

We are. We just bought a video one. It's tiny, just like the sound-only ones, but has a little screen. We tried out the night-vision, and it works great. Even though the bub will sleep with us for the first couple of months, we figured it would be useful during the day, especially as we have cats, so will have to shut the nursery door at times. Also good for when you are visiting others and might want to put the bub to sleep in another room etc.

we're not using but i need to know what difference it creates using or not using any?

I use them but my 2 kids share a bedroom so I like to hear if they are ok at night etc.. I am a very light sleeper lol and any wee noise on the monitor wakes me...but I would prefer that than to not use one and sleep through any crying etc. Also because if Elinor cries in the night I can go through and see to her (its usually that shhes spat her dummy out) and it will not wake Joani up and make hr all tired for school in the morning :hugs:

we are, but only because super efficient woman at work who has organised me passed them on. she had previously pass them onto her friend, who had finished with them so got them back off friend for us to use.

We are currently in a 1 bed flat so will hear him whatever room I'm in! When we move and he'll get his own room we will get one then.

We've got video monitor too and I'm really pleased with it. Our LO will be sleeping upstairs during the day in his/her cot bed and we wanted a video one to not only hear cries etc but also so we don't need to run upstairs everytime we hear a noise if we can see perfectly well from the monitor that baby is fine. We also decided to invest the money in a video one now as I can see it being particularly handy when LO is moving around in cot bed/trying to escape!

We're using one, will use it when little one goes to bed before us (he will be in with us for a while but want to get him into a routine and into bed before us so we will be able to listen while were still downstairs). We'll also use when he goes into his own room xx

I got some really cool ones, they have a camera on it and then a screen on mine so I will be able to see him as well as hear him.... and you can plug it up to the tv and whatnot to sit and watch him. :rofl:

I'm not using them, I find that it makes me too jumpy and every slight movement i'm up and checking baby is ok, I found last time that when there is a problem boy can babies scream loud enough to let you know lol! obviously in the early weeks he will be downstairs with us till we go bed anyway so I wouldnt need them then either, down to each individual I think hun xxx

We have something called a 'Respisense Monitor'. This attaches to the baby's nappy and vibrates if baby stops breathing and alarms if this does not encourage baby to breathe.

Baby will be in our room for first 6 months but am terrified he'll die in his sleep and we'll sleep through it, plus, this tiny machine can go on long trips with him in the car etc...

Peace of mind or paranoia?

x x x

I just have sound monitors.. Elyse is in my room with me, but I have them so that I'm not trapped in the same room as her if I need to leave the room for a bit (ie: shower while she's sleeping etc)

We are using one with the sensor mat even while his in our room

I would wait and see how you feel once baby arrives its something you can pick up really easily! I didnt get one till Jacob was 3 months plus and that was only because he went into his own room! and I only got a cheapy one for what I needed x

Can anyone recommend a good video monitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->