Baby movements slowed too much?

Katie Tattie

Reaction score
I might be worrying over nothing but just wanted a bit of advice. I'm 23 weeks and have felt movement on a daily basis since about 18 weeks. I was told I have an anterior placenta at the 20 week scan and that I might not feel much movements, since then however I have felt the kicks and movement increase on a daily basis.

Yesterday I had a huge monumental argument with my family (sister mostly) and I ended up leaving dinner and basically being in floods of tears most of the night. It has really knocked me the things that were said and the way I was treated and feel extremely upset about it.

What I'm worried about is that I have hardly felt the baby move today which is not normal as it was starting to get a really noticeable pattern to movements kicks etc.

Anyone experienced anything like this? should I be concerned?

Baby just could be having a lazy day, but if you are worried I would ring your midwife. I went through the same thing last week and ended up going to the hospital but all was fine.

If it is a variation on a noticeable pattern (I've not yet detected one and I have a posterior placenta) I would call your midwife for advice, even if it is just to put your mind at rest and ease a little of the stress you must be feeling right now. x

Try drinking a glass of orange juice or maybe some soda and lay down for a while and see if you'll feel the baby. I'm almost 23 weeks myself and my little one seems to have quiet days as well but as soon as I drink or eat something sweet, the kicking is on. :)

I have high anterior placenta and my LO has had a few lazy days that have got me worrying too - its horrible because I have spent all day just waiting to feel him move at times, but all is fine with him. Do you have a doppler? I have a quick listen now and again just to reassure myself and I can hear him moving and tapping on it as well as the heartbeat xx

Try having a big glass of ice cold water and see if that wakes bubs up, its usually what the midwife suggests and it normally does the trick. If nothing happens then give the midwife or hospital a ring xxx

hey your ok to worry, babies around 23 weeks onwards will have there quiet days mines been quiet all day and has been doing this for about a week or two now. days where he/she constantly moves then some days quiet. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->