Baby Movements

maria26pc

Reaction score
Girls, a little help please...I am wondering about the various parameters used in monitoring movement. Some say 10 moves in two hours. Does it mean 10 moves every 2 hours? Or 10 moves in any two hour period in a day? Some says 10 episodes of movement in 12 hours? What does that mean? How do you all do it? I feel worried sick most of the time. Sometimes my girl moves like 30-40 times in 15 minutes or so and then she is silent for 2-3 hours and then she moves 2-3 times........Please share your thoughts.......

I was at the hospital today and they told me 10 movements in a 2hr period.

Edit: So at any given time, I should be able to take time out and count 10 movements in any 2 hour period.

I dont get 10 movements in 2 hours sometimes... Who knows... I think it depends on the baby... Smetimes mine is very active, then sometimes she is quiet for a long time.

I dont get 10 movements in 2 hours sometimes... Who knows... I think it depends on the baby... Smetimes mine is very active, then sometimes she is quiet for a long time.

Same here....I get around 50-70 movement everyday. But not necessarily 10 every two hour period. As I said, she is very active sometimes, but will be very lazy as well.

I was told this is the averages of "your" baby!

You should try and learn how much it moves in one day and if there is a significant change, then ask your midwife!

This is waht i was told!

Confusing hey!??

Mine will sleep for hours - then go for it for hours. As the others have said - you get to learn your babies pattern - and there will be one. You'll get used to it quite quickly.

Dunno....I'm trying to figure out a pattern but I cant find any so far. The only certainty is that she will move whenever I lie down on bed. Otherwise its purely her whim. For example, this past week, the first 3 days she barely moved till lunch and was very active in the afternoon. The next three days she kept on moving till about lunch and then stayed quiet till 6PM.........Thank You all Ladies

I was worrying yesterday, Squiggle didnt really move.... its hard to keep track of the movements when your busy with work, when i feel her i usually check the time. She is mostly active @ 9pm!!

I have no pattern either. Boo moves when I eat sweet things, maybe that is a pattern, and moves when I lay too.

Mine was generally a very quiet baby until recently when he/she started to liven up a bit. Bubs will only really move properly for me though, and only when I'm sitting/laying in a fairly quiet area and am relaxed. Although having said that sometimes bubs will move when I'm at work at a nightclub, which is very noisy (although I work out front on the reception so its not so bad, just quite bassy!). I think for me it depends on how I'm feeling and stuff. I have no pattern though, just that generally bubs will move around a lot when I'm in bed and when I wake up in the morning.

I think i may have a nocturnal baby!! It moves around a little all throguh the day...but then is really actuve from about 9pm til about 1am then about4.30/5 am til about 10 am.....its really starting to mess with my sleep!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->