Baby name crisis

JayMari

Reaction score
For my whole pregnancy so far I've ONLY thought of girl names, but today I found out I'm having a little boy, great. I can't think of anyyyy boy names, it's so hard. OH wants it to be a junior but I cannot stand his name, it is so ugly and I will not call my child TYRELL for the rest of his life. How do I tell him his name is hideous and I don't want it passed on to our son? Also any name inspirations or ideas for a little boy will be appreciated. I've had to call my baby an IT for nearly 5 months and I don't want to call him "he,his,him" for long either :wacko:
The only name I like so far is Aiden, and OH will probably hate it.

We planned Angus, Noah or Dylan if our LO was a boy. As for not wanting him to have OHs name just say something along the lines of confusion with post or important documents maybe? Sorry, wish i could be more helpful but didn't want to read and run! X

What about Tye?

or using the main syllables of OH name:

Tylan
Tyler
Tylor
Tymon
Tyreece
Tyreke
Tyrique
Tyrone
Tyson

or

Darrell
Farrell

You could just tell him you don't want him to be a junior you want him to be his own person. This is actually what DH told everyone who wanted him to give ds his name... or his grandfather who passed while I was pregnant's name.

It's hard to give ideas on names though without knowing much about you.. what kind of names do you like... short? long? names with nicknames? specific origins? Letters you prefer? That kind of thing.

Enjoy your little boy, I love mine to pieces and always thought I'd want a girl

You could just tell him you don't want him to be a junior you want him to be his own person. This is actually what DH told everyone who wanted him to give ds his name... or his grandfather who passed while I was pregnant's name.

It's hard to give ideas on names though without knowing much about you.. what kind of names do you like... short? long? names with nicknames? specific origins? Letters you prefer? That kind of thing.

Enjoy your little boy, I love mine to pieces and always thought I'd want a girl

I personally like "word" names if you know what I mean. But it isn't the easiest when it comes to boys. This is OH first son so I know he will want him to be a junior but I disagree. I think we can compromise and at least have tyrell as a middle name! I want a unique name and tyrell is too common where I'm from and doesn't sound sophisticated, I don't know if I make sense uugh . Any letter is fine with me,I originally wanted to name my first son Jayden since my name is jade , but my sister ended up using that name :(
Example of girl names I like, Autumn Skye, iris Jade, Ivy Rayne, Winter Skye. I love names that just flow together

What about Tye?

or using the main syllables of OH name:

Tylan
Tyler
Tylor
Tymon
Tyreece
Tyreke
Tyrique
Tyrone
Tyson

or

Darrell
Farrell

Thanks for the ideas, I'm adding Tylan to my list!

some word names:

Sage
Forrest
River
Leaf
Hawk
Reed
Bear
Cedar
Lake
Jett
Fox