Baby name in the nursery?

Moraine

Mom to a cutie pie!
Reaction score
On another forum I visit there is a whole section for posting pics of your nursery, and I've noticed this big trend of putting the babies name up somewhere with big letters. I admit I don't understand this, is this so baby will learn its name? So parents don't forget it? I'm not trying to be a smart alleck, I just don't get it. I've also noticed alot of people do it when I'm watching shows like A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby etc. Is this just a new trend?

Just like I don't understand it when people tattoo their own names on themselves, scared they'll forget lol?

:rofl: It's usually a pride thing. Some people have different reasons I'm sure, but I have my married last name tattooed on my wrist because it's pretty and I am proud of it and of my relationship with DH and we will also be putting our LO's name in wooden letters on her wall above her crib because we think it's a beautiful name and because it is her room. People put "restroom" signs on the door to a bathroom even though the toilets and sink make it obvious to the public that it is such. Well, that's just the way I look at it.

I think it's nice. We're having his name on the door in wooden letters, but Ive seen a couple of girls on here with their babys names on the walls of their nurseries and they look ace :) Don't really see why it's weird myself, but each to their own!

xxx

Funny, I think having the baby's name on the door or on the wall in the nursery is lovely (will probably have something like that myself) but I think having your LO's name tattooed on your person is really naff.

But hey, everyone's different right?

It's funny how people see things differently.:lol:

I was surprised by your question because I like this idea.I'll put my girls name on her nursery wall,not sure where yet,I'll see how it fits in but I think this is very pretty and cute.
I can't explain why.I just love it,it's gonna be a nice touch and it will personalize the room.

I guess every person has their own preferences....

I think it's cute. Have a friend doing my baby's name in letters.

As you can see, I have no problem with it! lol - My kids have everything personalised, it is in a way a pride thing I suppose...but as a kid I loved personalised stuff myself.

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Demold%20Germany%2007/PN9221459.jpg

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Demold%20Germany%2007/PQ271686.jpg

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Demold%20Germany%2007/PQ271689.jpg

Seren and Cally are sharing a room soon and above their beds will be their names in coat pegs. Seren is getting to the age where she is recognising shapes so she will be able to recognise her name.

I agree with Rachie about it being a pride thing.

I personally like tattoo's of OH's and LO's names, and putting LO's name up somewhere in the room, be it on the door on on the wall.

It makes there space personal, even though they arent quite old enough to understand it

Thanks for all the replies, and sorry if I offended anyone with the question, I certainly didn't mean to. I was trying to think back to when I was young, and I really can't remember seeing names in any of my friends or relatives rooms. So that's what got me wondering why people do it, or if it was a new trend.

RachieH your signs look very nice, I like the crown one.:)

I think some of them look a bit naff but I have to say that I'm considering getting my bubbas name done onto them wooden building block type things to put on a shelf in her room, I never used to like them but since being pregnant I'm looking at everything differently lol! x

Im not that into it, but to each their own...

I'll be putting LO name up after I find out the name. LOL. I think it's really cute and I also think it will help kids learn to spell their name faster. Like someone else said, I like personalized stuff when I was little.

I'm doing the baby's name thing. I live in an apartment so I can't paint the walls so I wanted something extra to brighten up the pale brown walls. Besides I love her name (Nola Rose). I'm not just buying prepainted wooden letters I got the plain wooden letters and I've painted them in the theme of the room (Hello Kitty and Friends). I'm also doing some letters for my sister in law in the theme of her baby girl's room I painted dragonflies and ladybugs on them and they look great. They also have an apartment but with white walls.

I also plan on a tattoo later of a fleur de lis with a rose laying in front of it with her birth date. Nola is also the nickname for New Orleans, La where my husband and I were born, raised and met and the symbol for New Orleans is the fleur de lis.
Her name
https://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/Nolagirl77/nolarose.jpg
a heart I painted for her but haven't put up yet
https://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/Nolagirl77/fleurheart.jpg

I'm not just buying prepainted wooden letters I got the plain wooden letters and I've painted them in the theme of the room (Hello Kitty and Friends). I'm also doing some letters for my sister in law in the theme of her baby girl's room I painted dragonflies and ladybugs on them and they look great. They also have an apartment but with white walls.

Thats what I did as well. I got letters for her name and painted them to match the colors we used. And got a wooden Princess thing also and put it diagonal before her name and a little above it. I'll take pics later. I think its a cute personalized touch to a room. We also are in an apartment and can paint if we want, but will probably be moving when our lease is up to a bigger place, so we're waiting. It makes it prettier for her IMO.

PurestFeeling, I like that your daughter has a symbol for her name. That's really cool! I'll probably paint my own as well. It will give me a project to do this summer.

It's okay to have your own views, everyone is different. Personally, I like the name thing. Like others have said, it's pride but I think it's more personal than that. It has become a new trend of making the room unique and gives the room a sense of character. Everything in the room belongs to whose name is on the wall, that is there own personal space and having the name on the wall is making that known. There are many different designs you can do so not everyone is the same. That is just my thoughts on it, I think it's a cute idea. I wouldn't worry too much about offending anyone, you have your own views and are entitled to that.

I think it's a cute decorating idea for a nursery :p baby's room! I always thought i'd buy those wooden letters spelling out baby's name and have it over the crib or something. It's not a pride thing for me, i mean, i don't see it that way if i did it...i'd do it simply for decorating purposes :lol:

I think it's a cute decorating idea for a nursery :p baby's room! I always thought i'd buy those wooden letters spelling out baby's name and have it over the crib or something. It's not a pride thing for me, i mean, i don't see it that way if i did it...i'd do it simply for decorating purposes :lol:

Ditto!! We are doing the same thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->