Baby names and exes..

amyclaire

TTC late July 2010 :D
Reaction score
Just saw this in the Baby Names forum, thought it was a good idea for a thread.

How do you feel about using names of exes for your LOs??

I guess my situation is slightly strange concerning this as my OH really likes my ex's name, Chris, and would probably be happy to use it! I guess its good he has no insecurity issues :)
xxxx

Luckily my OH hates the name of my ex, and to be honest I don't really like it much either, so I suppose I am lucky in that respect. :haha:

Its just a name, although I do find it helps if you know someone and it has a positive reference. I tend to choose names of noone I know.

Yeah I don't think I would use names of people I know or I associate with names. I have a lot of names I don't like from working in nurseries - and it's true that it is the ones you say most often!

Thats so true, when I think o names i'm like I cud never use X cuz I know someone wi that name and they do my head in. A bit harsh I know, but its funny how u associate them.

x

I'm the same I don't really want to use the name of anyone I know or have known! We both detest my exes name so are definitely lucky in that respect! I like really traditional names but then I don't want common ones either so it's difficult really! :)

I really like the name of one of my husbands exes but he is the one that refuses to use it.

On the other hand I am named after my fathers first love (not my mother) and I absolutely hate that!

No. I would not allow my next child to be named the same name as my OH's ex. I know what thread you are on about and I think the OP has every right to be angry. I know for a fact that my OH would agree with me also. We just about have our next little ones name picked out already anyways. :D

I think it is creepy!! lol. I like my ex's name (Daniel).. it's common too... but I'd still never use it. OH likes one of his ex's names too but I would never ever allow our daughter to be named that... and he wouldn't either.

I wouldn't name my kid after any of my exes or any of OH's exes. That's mostly because I can't use names that I someone I know has. For example, I won't use the name MaKenna (even though I love the name) because a friend of mine's little sister has that name. Just something weird about me I guess, because it's not even if the person has a bad association. :dohh:

I think it would be weird to name my child after people I dislike or an ex, I always wanted to name my child my husbands name but then I met my husband so it would be weird to have a jr.

Nah I wouldn't do that, I don't wanna name my child something that I will associate with someone else I know.. especially if that person had a negative impact on me!!

I don't think we would even if they had the sort of names we would use! Luckily it won't ever come up as the names we want to use, especially for boys, are pretty much set in stone! One of my ex's names we'd defintely never use anyway as it's the same as OH's brother's!

Beca :wave:

its a big no for us! i find name's carry a lot of meaning, so couldn't use them. like-wise i can't use names of a person i've disliked :blush:

It'd never happen for us either. I think that girl has every right to be mad as well. :growlmad:

Yeah, agree with aidensxmomma, couldn't use a name someone else has plus your bound to remember the other person everytime you use it so I think it'd be a definate nono for us too.
x

Definitly not!!! We already know we want if we have a little girl but no boys names picked yet but would never uses an exes name!!

We couldn't either! It sucks because I've thought of a few names I like and throught out the past year or so people who we know have had children and used those names! So it stinks because now we can't use those names... Oh well!

We wouldn't because I don't like any of my OHs exes names anyway, however, our cat has the same name as one of my exes! (He's gay now so OH has no problem with him!). I don't think I'd call my baby after anyone apart from maybe past family members.

I actually love some of my exes names, Liam, Chris etc.
Don't think OH would be happy, but i couldn't call my baby Peter after him and my Dad, maybe as a middle name?
I love the name Kayliee and Haylee but don't think my OH would want me to call the baby after his babys mum i suppose..
Plenty more names in the sea :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"