Baby names and exes..

Same, I wouldn't use someone's name I know or anything...I love the original type names...something you don't hear often at all!

....how about if you want to use a baby name that u had previously told an ex about? i LOVE the name Leo - and I still might want to use it but i had put it forward with my ex.. and we kind of planned to use it even though it was ridiculous to be planning babies when our relationship was rubbish...xxxx

I don't like using names of people I know because I feel like I would associate them with the name.

....how about if you want to use a baby name that u had previously told an ex about? i LOVE the name Leo - and I still might want to use it but i had put it forward with my ex.. and we kind of planned to use it even though it was ridiculous to be planning babies when our relationship was rubbish...xxxx

i actually starting thinking about this as i read through this thread. lol I'm not sure... i love the names i've had picked out for ages, but I may change my mind later. who knows. :shrug:

I picked one of our names when I was with someone else... I knew we wouldn't go onto have children, but I love the name so much that me and my OH will still be using it. Doesn't really bother either of us, because we don't associate it with the ex. I suppose it would be different if me and the ex had ever got as far as trying though.

i would never name my child after a proper ex...but here's my situation...

hubby doesnt like any of my boys name suggestions, the only name we can agree on at the moment is James, which is his middle name.
BUT i was seeing 2 guys called James (one in my teens, and one was a good friend which turned to a fling) neither of which im still in contact with and i dont class as proper 'exs' if you know what i mean....so would you think thats naming after an ex?

im adamant that if we have a son i want 'Edward' as a middle name, as its been passed down all the men on my dads side of the family and i'd like to continue it.

he's only had two ex's, and i wouldnt want to use their names as one is very similar to my name, and the other just isnt my kind of name!

the other dilemma is the girls name we like, we both chose as its from our favourite tv show (yes cheesy i know!) but it so happens it was also the name of my ex's daughter, but sod it, we like it, so why shouldnt we use it!

I always liked the name Alex for a girl but my ex was an Alex. I also liked the name Anna but my mother's name is Ann and I don't have anything to do with her!

When the time comes I will probably try think of names that aren't used by anyone close to me

haha there are a few names i would outright refuse to consider, based on ex's and associations to some people! Thats not to say they aren't lovely names though... unfortunately its just down to the people. :p (I dont hold a grudge to thse people - honest. :p)

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"