'Baby no name'

mazndave

Mummy of 1 + bump!
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174795/Chantelle-Houghton-poses-newborn-daughter.html

It might just be me that thinks this, but how can you NOT have a name for your child by the time it's 3/4 weeks old??!!:dohh: Surely she needs an identity and not just be called 'baby', or 'she', or 'it'?! And you have 9 months to choose for heavens sake! Or is she just milking it for a big magazine reveal*, and they really do have a name for her?

*For those in the US, these are a Z-list couple in the UK.

Lol a workmate of mine didn't name her child until she was 2 weeks old. She had a list of names that she liked but was waiting until she arrived to chose one that fitted her daughters personality. When she arrived she decided Phoebe suited her best but she kept forgetting how to spell it so in the end they settled with the spelling Phebe lol! By the time they'd actually decided 2 weeks had gone by!

My best friend didn't have a name for something like 6 weeks. I do think she is right, that the child will have that name forever, so you don't want to give them something on a whim. :shrug:

dont you only have 6 weeks to get the baby registered anyway? They need to crack on and name the little darling!

My best friend didn't have a name for something like 6 weeks. I do think she is right, that the child will have that name forever, so you don't want to give them something on a whim. :shrug:

I can understand not wanting to saddle your child with an unsuitable name picked too eagerly, but it's not really on a whim if you've had your entire pregnancy to think about it?

Some people just don't even think about it until they "see" the baby, and think the name will just come to them, I guess. I personally wouldn't leave my baby name-less for weeks on end, but I know several people who have.

Wow, our second didn't have a name until the afternoon after he was born...and I thought that was bad! :blush:

3 out of 5 of my children didnt have a name until after they were born :shrug: Its not like she is going to be nameless forever, and its hardly like they know their own names either.

My OH and I took 8 months to agree on a name - and then, when we told it to other people, their pronunciation/reaction to it has put me right off it :( So I'm at 38+1 with NO ideas. I may be in the same position as them, haha - I want to find something I'll love forever and can't choose!

they'll probably end up calling her dolly-mixtures or something stupid like that anyway.

I totally think she's just milking it for a big magazine reveal! Like everything else they do they'll be trying to get as much money as they can out of it.

I'm not set in stone on a name i want to see my baby boy first but i do have a list of possibilities from which i will choose what i feel fits him best. I can't imagine spending weeks with 'baby no name' eventually you have to just bite the bullet and choose something.

I know plenty of people wait until the baby is here to give them a name, to see if it suits them etc. I totally get that, to a degree (as in just after, later that same day, a couple of days etc) I just don't get how it can take weeks and weeks? Each to their own I suppose though, I just can't imagine having a nameless child myself? :shrug:

xx

LOL i bet they still name her something stupid anyway! Is it just me or did Alex look like he was made out of chocolate in that pic???

My parents couldn't agree on my middle name until I was a few months old :shrug: And they hadn't decided on my first name for at least 3 days. They had a shortlist, but wanted to see what I looked like and if it suited me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->