Baby not affectionate to me :-(

1308emma

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this really... My son is 8 months old and is a very contented and generally a very happy baby!

He is also fiercly independent! He has been able to hold his own bottle from 3 months and now only likes to feed himself meaning that i don't get cuddles at food time, he is a right little wriggler and will happily be passed to anyone!

Thing is i find him too independent! I never get any cuddles, he always wants to be playing and when it comes to sleep time he just wants to be by himself and have his own space! He doesn't mind if i leave him and although i get the most haretskippingly beautiful smile when i return he doesn't show affection to me...

I miss that little baby who would cuddle into me, i genuinely can't remember the last time i got to cuddle my baby!! :cry:

Is there anything i can do... has anyone else experienced this?

Pointless thread really, just needed to share... xxx

Ha ha ....I posted virtually the exact thread not so long back.

I got loads of replies from other mums in exactly the same position.

Miller cuddles only VERY rarely if i have been away .....but only if hes really tired. and then...it doesnt last !

He usually pushes me away if i try and cuddle im...he squirms to get out of my grip !!

But he too has the best smile in the world and is too avery happy baby. Just independant i think !

If I remember...i think most mums said it was nearer when the LOs were 14/15 mnths befpre they started xxx

Ruby was similar at 8 months, she was always a very wriggly baby who hated me just sitting there holding her.
Now though, she is a toddler who says 'mummy, I want cuddles!' :) She is still a wriggler though, never still!

My LO is the same! She hates being bombarded with kisses & cuddles (maybe it's the actual ''bombarding'' part she dislikes so much :haha:) unless she is tired or crying!

I hope she becomes more affectionate when she's older - I'm holding on to that!!

William was like that, he still is to a certain extent.

He has though learnt to "cuddle" which to him means comes over and holds on to you, resting his head against you. If you hold on to him he gets annoyed, he doesn't like to be restricted so I tend to rub his head rather than holding on to him.

If I ask him were his lovely cuddle is he will come over and do it which is cute. We are working on kisses now but he is more likely to do affectionate bites!

Colin is like this too! He doesn't like to sit still. I put it down to being to interested in everything else around him.

i also posted this a while ago...my LO is the same. The older she gets, the more she throws me a bone here or there. She gives me her head for a kiss, and let's me squeeze her, but that's about it. When she started crawling, she'd crawl to me saying mama...which made me feel a lot better! And when she was sick she clung to me like glue. i suppose we're lucky that they're not clingers!

You pretty much described one of my twins a few months ago. He was the same - hated me kissing and cuddling him, used to push me away or smack me and just wasn't a "cuddly baby". He actually preffered to snuggle up to my mum and sleep, than me! Every nap time I'd give him to my mum, while I took the other twin and she's cuddle him and rock him to sleep, which he allowed, but he'd struggle with me. Then about a month or so ago he suddenly changed (well maybe not suddenly, more gradually, but it felt sudden). H'es now become a real mummy's boy, wanting lots of cuddles, letting me smother him in kisses and giggling as i do so! I'm sooo happy he's changed. Maybe as your LO gets a bit older and understand cuddles from mummy more, he'll let you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->