Baby not well, what do you think?

Miss Duke

Mum of 2 gorgeous kids!!!
Reaction score
Hi girls

Ben has had the cold for a few days, I had Amber at the docs On Wed and asked him to check Ben too...... he said he is fine, just a cold.

I am sooooo paranoid cuz my niece (a week older than Ben) was hospitalised just before xmas with bronchiolitis (cough, wheeze, wouldn'd feed, dehydrated, low oxygen levels)

Anyway, yday he seemed a little better, took 7 oz milk at 6pm, 3 oz at 9pm. BUT since then he has only had 3oz water, thats it, and he screamed when I gave him it. I couldn't get any milk into him.

I also heard him wheeze this morning. Took him to doc and she says yes his chest sounds wheezy, but theres no sign of infection, so she put it all down to..................... teething! She said theres def teeth coming.

Now I am not so sure, I have never hear of this, and I am in a real panic. He has an awful cough too.

She did say if he won't feed at lunch, to take him back to her this afternoon. He has been asleep since, I will have to lift him to see if he will feed.

Just hoped if anyone was about they could tell me if they would be happy with this getting put down to teething?

He is 14 weeks.

Ta

N xxxx

umm he sounds sick to me, not teething... Teething babies usually cant sleep very well and still eat a bit of food...

Are his cheeks red or drooling,pulling his hands towards his cheeks?

this doesnt sound like ONLY teething to me... like the other poster said, excessive drool, red cheeks, chewing on fingers.... and so on are teething signs... my lo is about to cut her first tooth... and she doesnt have ANY of the symptoms your describing, like a cough, wheezing... not eating... shes taking about 2 ounces less then her norm right now... but shes definetly still eating. and getting her TO sleep is a bit harder, but once shes out, shes out.

is there any way you can get a second opinion from a different doctor? i'm not sure where your from... but here we have whats called "well babies clinics" you can just take them in and have them weighed and checked out by someone else.
goodluck! :hugs:

Thank u so much for your replies. I got myself in such a panic earlier!

Yes he has signs of teething, an you can see and feel a tooth pushing the gum.

I took him to a different doc, and he agreed with the previous doc.

He has taken 11 oz of milk since I posted, and is going to feed again soon, so thats good.

If I am concerned over the weekend, I will take him over ot the childrens hospital.

Thanks so much girls xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"