Baby now or Baby in 4 years HELP

Oh, and I would say probably go for Option 3: Have a Baby now give up work and be a full time mum/wife.
Having time to spend with family/friends is very important and I think it makes people much happier and more fulfilled than money/career. Studying is stressful and time-consuming, and I think it's important to be there for your kids especially when they are little.

Hi, I'm from New York and 40. Probably an outlier here, but I worked full time, got pregnant at 30, started taking courses when first baby was 6 months old. I took one course/semester and one in the summer for five years. Had my second daughter when the first was 2 years old. I was in a course at the time and working full time as a teacher: had class on Thursday, a natural birth on Saturday, and was back in class (but not work!) on Tuesday night. I defended my dissertation last week, and my daughters are now 6 & 8. We're trying for that last baby this summer, and I'm now 40.

So, while my story is not at all usual, I think it's just a matter of your determination, and how many balls you'd like to juggle at once. Also, I must say, a supportive husband is a MUST for all this if you are going to double-dip into two worlds. Good luck with your decision!

--wonderwoman :)

Hi, I'm from New York and 40. Probably an outlier here, but I worked full time, got pregnant at 30, started taking courses when first baby was 6 months old. I took one course/semester and one in the summer for five years. Had my second daughter when the first was 2 years old. I was in a course at the time and working full time as a teacher: had class on Thursday, a natural birth on Saturday, and was back in class (but not work!) on Tuesday night. I defended my dissertation last week, and my daughters are now 6 & 8. We're trying for that last baby this summer, and I'm now 40.

So, while my story is not at all usual, I think it's just a matter of your determination, and how many balls you'd like to juggle at once. Also, I must say, a supportive husband is a MUST for all this if you are going to double-dip into two worlds. Good luck with your decision!

--wonderwoman :)

You certainly are Wonderwoman :winkwink:.

Your are absolutely right, if you want anything enough your bound to succeed.
I am extremely lucky to have a supportive husband who wants my happiness above all.
Thank you. Women are wonderful!! :happydance:

Only you can know how much going to uni/having a baby soon means to you... but I would say if you really do want to go to uni, don't give up on it! You're still young... young enough to have a baby a bit later - but also young enough to put off uni for a while I guess!!!! would it really be an issue for you to have to wait 4 years to have a baby though? I'm 30 now and just wtt for no.1 but have wanted a baby for years now... but being little miss sensible I've put it off until our situation was better. I've been with my husband for 10 years and married for 5 but there were things, that for me, were worth putting off having a baby - even though I desperately wanted one!!! I wanted us to have bought a house rather than be renting and then I wanted a better job first to help with a bit more money when I (hopefully) go part time and then when I started my job I found out I had to be there for 2 years before I'm entitled to full maternity pay!!! TBH, time has gone quickly, and I have got throught the periods of desperately wanting a baby... I guess what I'm saying is just think about what position you want to be in when you have a baby,etc. I'm doing my Masters degree part time at the moment. I'm in my first year but as we're TTC soon, I'm not going to do my second year right now... I don't want to be too busy to enjoy my baby... I'll worry about when to the rest of the course later. I've certainly put off having a baby for long enough now... For me now is the right time :)
But I'm sure you'll make it work whichever option you choose :) Good luck with making the decision!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->